• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TapRackBang

Cheaper Than Diamonds
    Jan 14, 2012
    Bel Air
    For those using youtube-dl, here's the command line I use to download a complete channel in highest quality available. The archive parameter (--download-archive) keeps a list of all the downloaded videos (in "vidlist.txt") so you can "catch up" later if new videos are added or if the download is not completed without downloading everything again.

youtube-dl -f bestvideo+bestaudio --download-archive vidlist.txt -citw -v https://www.youtube.com/user/DXLiberty

Replace the URL at the end with the URL of the channel you want to download. (I used it to fetch all of Defense Distributed's videos.)

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    For those using youtube-dl, here's the command line I use to download a complete channel in highest quality available. The archive parameter (--download-archive) keeps a list of all the downloaded videos (in "vidlist.txt") so you can "catch up" later if new videos are added or if the download is not completed without downloading everything again.

youtube-dl -f bestvideo+bestaudio --download-archive vidlist.txt -citw -v https://www.youtube.com/user/DXLiberty

Replace the URL at the end with the URL of the channel you want to download. (I used it to fetch all of Defense Distributed's videos.)

My favorite channel. Thanks for the advice!

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    Have been doing some research lately on binary triggers and was checking out the double tap, just to weigh all of the options out there. Their instruction/installation video was taken down. Wrote to the company and they said that Youtube just axed it and they are looking at another option to get it up. Stuff is starting to hit the fan.

I think that folks need to remind Screwtube that gun assembly and maintenance videos are inherently SAFETY related.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Looks like I need to take back what I said about Full 30, they are opening the doors to all content creators. :thumbsup:

Hopefully Sean and I will switch over from being the local YouTube channel to beign the local Full 30 channel :party29:

crashmore

Dec 28, 2008
    Maryland
    Looks like I need to take back what I said about Full 30, they are opening the doors to all content creators. :thumbsup:

Hopefully Sean and I will switch over from being the local YouTube channel to beign the local Full 30 channel :party29:

Really good news. Now they just need to roll out a way for us to support them via crows sourcing , paid subscriptions or something. Scaling this fast isn’t cheap. I hope this turns out to be a major windfall for them.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    I was poking around youtube for gun/knife videos while the youngins are napping and suddenly all the channel pages went blank on roku. On the laptop, they're now showing an error message. It looks like this is hitting all channel pages, as bohobeautiful's yoga page(thank me later... it's for exercise....) is also down.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-04-02 at 16.10.19.jpg
      Screen Shot 2018-04-02 at 16.10.19.jpg
      9.1 KB · Views: 164
    • Screen Shot 2018-04-02 at 16.02.22.jpg
      Screen Shot 2018-04-02 at 16.02.22.jpg
      43.5 KB · Views: 173

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    Supposed to be a shooting at Youtube's hdgtrs just south of San Francisco.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom