• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dave

Ultimate Member
    Jul 10, 2008
    Gamber, Marylanistan
    "We are pleased to announce that 14 summer job opportunities in IT@JH are now posted, and one more will be posted early next week! Please forward this email if you know someone who might be interested in a paid internship experience with us this summer. In addition to relying on all of you to help us spread the word about these opportunities, we are also sending notice out to local college career centers. We anticipate a strong level of interest in these positions, so those who are interested should apply ASAP using the links below.

Note: In the “Position Type” column, jobs listed as seasonal allow for up to 40 hours of work per week and the positions are terminated at the end of summer. Jobs listed as as-needed allow up to 27 hours per week, with the potential for some additional limited hours throughout the remainder of the year.

These positions offer excellent opportunities for summer interns to develop valuable work skills and to strengthen their resumes! Help spread the word!"

https://jobs.jhu.edu

Requisition # Hiring Manager Title Position Type # of Positions Location

9938 Eric Brown Epic Application Assistant Seasonal 4 1000 Lancaster Street
    9957 Eric Brown Epic Application Assistant As-Needed 4 1000 Lancaster Street
    9954 Pete Godfrey Security and Email Support Assistant Seasonal 2 Mt. Washington
    9953 David Reisz CTS IT Assistant As-Needed 2 East Baltimore
    9940 Jay Syed TIC Analytics Intern Seasonal 1 East Baltimore
    9942 Jasmine McNeil/Emily Marx TIC Graphic Design Intern Seasonal 1 East Baltimore
    TBD Christopher Doyle TIC Software Development Intern Seasonal 1 East Baltimore

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    sry for the shitty formatting

You provide a conduit for us to see opportunities, and then apologize? NOPE. Thank you for sharing these, format be damned!

I hope things get better job wise for our young adults. I want my daughter to have something over the summer besides fast food or waitress.

Dave

Ultimate Member
    Jul 10, 2008
    Gamber, Marylanistan
    these really are great opportunities to get your foot in the door. granted, I had some major nepotism in my case, but 10 years ago I did one of these summer jobs. came back the following winter and part of spring semester when I took a break from school. That door closed, but I was able to switch to a different group and got an entry level position. 8 years later I've moved up through the ranks and am at the highest level for my current position. I still work with the manager from that original group, and I probably wouldn't be where I am today without his help and support. Hopkins definitely does not pay the most, but their benefits are solid, and there's a lot of opportunity to grow and move around among the various IT groups.

LS3Stig

Hey Jack
    Apr 13, 2016
    Silver Spring
    I applied to the Sr Tech Support position a couple days ago. Hopefully I hear back on that. Need a change of scenery in the IT field. I'll spread the word on the internship to some people I know.

hi3cho

Ultimate Member
    Nov 16, 2012
    Edgemere
    I was in a similar program in college, not with Hopkins, but a summer-hire program. I worked two college summers and part-time during one school year. It is great to get your foot in the door and see if you like it. Also it gives the employer an extended interview essentially to see what they are getting and you come in with on the job knowledge for a permanent position. There is a lot of nepotism with these positions and in my situation as well. I ended up coming back after I graduated and moved to different office for 7 years but just this past year moved back to the same office I worked in college. Also another benefit in my position is they count your work time as a summer hire towards your leave and retirement dates. I ended up picking up about 11 months of service.

Dave

Ultimate Member
    Jul 10, 2008
    Gamber, Marylanistan
    latest full-time positions: www.it.johnshopkins.edu/about/careers

JHH 168595 Team Lead IT Help Desk Linisha Ramsey
    JHHS 168638 Project Coordinator Linda Kline
    JHU 10052 Programmer Analyst Anthony Gaito
    JHU 10065 TIC Software Development Intern Christopher Doyle

If you apply and want to list me as a referral, shoot me a PM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom