• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bootknife

Ultimate Member
    I currently have the Sparrow for Rimfire ,AAC SDN6 for the 308/300/25-45,AAC M-2000 for the 5.56, AAC Tyrant for the .45/9mm. I had a chance to Shoot an SEG ...Stealth Engineering Group out of Hoschton Ga. and You should talk to Mike Desenze at 770-318-1456 check out their Site:mike@segsuppressors.com I was very impressed at Prices on the Titanium Machined Serviceable Cans!

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Take a look at the Liberty Cosmic. Not the quietest but you can use it on almost anything.

I have been looking at the cosmic and the rugged obsidian 45

The obsidian is modular and supposedly quieter and has a better warranty

I am leaning towards the obsidian

I have several offers to shoot some suppressed firearms and can barely stand waiting, but I have about $6million dollars worth of work I need to turn out in a few months so I am jammed up and can’t get away right now so I hope if I order the obsidian 45 it’s not a mistake

LargemouthAss

Dec 27, 2012
    I really suggest you get out and try them. What I "thought" about suppressors and what I actually found changed my mind a good bit. I found that a lot of guns throw gas back in your face and they are a whole lot less fun then they seemed. This problem is compounded because I like to shoot fast or with MGs. I ended up getting a few suppressors but also tried to limit how many I was buying as I don't know how much I will be really using them.

So I suggest you get with someone who owns what you are thinking about and be honest with yourself about what you find.

Or just keep saving and get a MG with the money! :)

I have had a very similar experience and echo your sentiments. While I do not have any machine guns I have found that suppresors I THOUGHT would work well often do not with what I initially planned and create a new reason to buy a new gun.

For example: I wanted to suppress my SCAR 17s and bought a Griffin 30SD for that purpose. Silencer Shop said the muzzle brake for the 30SD would work on the SCAR but nope, had to buy an adapter. Finally get it on, switch the gun to the suppressed setting and..... the gun is still too loud for use without hearing protection, there is gas being blown into my face, the POI shift is dramatic, and the balance of the gun is ruined. I ended up trying new gas jets which solved the gas problem but I find that I much prefer shooting the SCAR unsuppressed so what to do with this can? Well the obvious answer was to build a .300 SBR and use the can on that. On the .300 there is absolutely ZERO POI shift, the gun is mouse-fart quiet, and it balances like a champ.

Another example: I have an FNX .45 Tactical and that gun is just BEGGING to be suppressed right out of the box. Already has a threaded barrel/suppressor hight-sights/dedicated pocket in the case for a can. So I order a Silencerco Octane after reading many reviews that rate it high for sound reduction and ease of disassembly/cleaning. It finally comes in and I head to the range only to realize that I am having a real hard time shooting it accurately with all this extra weight on the muzzle. I am not a small or weak guy and never assumed an extra 12 ounces would make much of a difference but it does. I have to really concentrate on keeping the gun up as it wants to slip out of my hands and fall barrel-first to the ground. Transitioning between targets takes twice as long as unsuppressed. It is quiet and I can still make good groups with it but I find myself shooting the gun without the can more often because it just feels better that way.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom