• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wicomico 2a

Protect your Rights
    Feb 2, 2019
    The forgotten lower shore
    Earlier today I checked my application status around 10 a, showed 2nd review. Normal. At 530 this evening I got an email from MSP starting my application was on Hold for investigation. WTH is that. I am not a criminal. I have baught guns prior. Why would I be on on hold. Can somebody help. I cant call till monday and dont want to sit and ponder all weekend. Pick up day for the gun would've been on Tuesday. I have never gotten this before. I have no criminal record nor have I ever been arrested. I know I should call I assume. But what could this be and how long does it take to clear up? Someone help

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I'd like to think they are overwhelmed with new purchases because of the noise from Annapolis:innocent0

Did you change your name or address or anything recently?

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    There you go - that address change hadn't worked its way through all the other systems. So now you look funny. They'll figure it out.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Did a change of address like 2 days ago. But I was already to the address of my HQL. How much time will this escapade add on you think?

I have no idea on time frame, and I am completely speculating about all of this, but that would seem like the winner winner chicken dinner explanation. It may be that you were flagged because of a discrepency in your details and, since it was getting close to quitting time, they put it on hold to sort it out Monday.

The good news (I would think), is that you really aren't delayed since you haven't passed your pickup day. There is still hope that, over her/his Monday morning coffee, a trooper will reopen your case and say, "Oh, here's COOKies' change of address form, well that looks legit" and put it back on track. Hopefully, you'll have a weekend of worry over nothing :fingerscrossed:

But...like I said: pure speculation.

Can you reply to the email and explain, or was it a donotreply address?

Wicomico 2a

Protect your Rights
    Feb 2, 2019
    I have no idea on time frame, and I am completely speculating about all of this, but that would seem like the winner winner chicken dinner explanation. It may be that you were flagged because of a discrepency in your details and, since it was getting close to quitting time, they put it on hold to sort it out Monday.

The good news (I would think), is that you really aren't delayed since you haven't passed your pickup day. There is still hope that, over her/his Monday morning coffee, a trooper will reopen your case and say, "Oh, here's COOKies' change of address form, well that looks legit" and put it back on track. Hopefully, you'll have a weekend of worry over nothing :fingerscrossed:

But...like I said: pure speculation.

Can you reply to the email and explain, or was it a donotreply address?

It looks like it's just MSP generic email. Says the information is confidential and to call if I have any imformation that could help, but does not reference what is wrong. Guess we will see Monday morning. I'll post back with update then.

Thanks all for the help

Wicomico 2a

Protect your Rights
    Feb 2, 2019
    So here is the update... After many phone calls with Trooper Epsoeto(easy dude to talk too) I h the ve a solution. There was a like names individual close to me that had no DOB associated with his resent arrest. After some digging by him I am good to go. The email they send is just is generic email when they place you on hold. I have to admit after a few days of trying to get ahold of Holds investigator I CC an email to the commander of the licensing division and got a response in an hour via phone. All is good with this purchase now. Picking up tonight on schedual sorta. Day 8 anyway.

johnkorz

Feb 25, 2013
    Savage
    I have a PhD in data science and cyber security and work for the Federal government. I have been working on information systems, business intelligence systems, analytics, and cyber security for over 20 years. Any address change or change in data since you last purchase is going to cause an issue. Federal and especially State information systems take a long time to update each other. It is not done in real time as it should. Maryland is no different. That is most likely your issue.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    So here is the update... After many phone calls with Trooper Epsoeto(easy dude to talk too) I h the ve a solution. There was a like names individual close to me that had no DOB associated with his resent arrest. After some digging by him I am good to go. The email they send is just is generic email when they place you on hold. I have to admit after a few days of trying to get ahold of Holds investigator I CC an email to the commander of the licensing division and got a response in an hour via phone. All is good with this purchase now. Picking up tonight on schedual sorta. Day 8 anyway.

:party29:

So, now:

:needpics:

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates

I have a PhD in data science and cyber security and work for the Federal government. I have been working on information systems, business intelligence systems, analytics, and cyber security for over 20 years. Any address change or change in data since you last purchase is going to cause an issue. Federal and especially State information systems take a long time to update each other. It is not done in real time as it should. Maryland is no different. That is most likely your issue.

The issue was revealed earlier.

Wicomico 2a

Protect your Rights
    Feb 2, 2019
    Success, gun in Hand

Picked up tonight. Application was over 7 days. FFL issued. After transfer application status us not Disapproved. Boy. Hope that helps someone else if they get that.

Wicomico 2a

Protect your Rights
    Feb 2, 2019

Had no bearing on the situation, per MSP. Name likeness and general close area of offender.

And they said they updated my file so those cases that other individual is involved in wont impact me anymore. BUT... if the individual does anything else I could be in the same boat again. They stated a DOB was not provided as well as SS# in the charging documents. I case searched it and it was not there. (DOB) the NICS was not the backround that flagged it was the second review of MSP that did it

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Had no bearing on the situation, per MSP. Name likeness and general close area of offender.

And they said they updated my file so those cases that other individual is involved in wont impact me anymore. BUT... if the individual does anything else I could be in the same boat again. They stated a DOB was not provided as well as SS# in the charging documents. I case searched it and it was not there. (DOB) the NICS was not the backround that flagged it was the second review of MSP that did it

Two paychecks says aforementioned individual gets off easy and does something else. and again and again and again. Welcome to MD.

JamesBarto

Feb 19, 2019
    Harford County
    If it makes you feel Any better, i'm having the same issue, 2/27/2019 i submitted an application and the MSP still has my app "under review". Your not the only one, Its just a waiting game at this point, gotta love Maryland.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    If it makes you feel Any better, i'm having the same issue, 2/27/2019 i submitted an application and the MSP still has my app "under review". Your not the only one, Its just a waiting game at this point, gotta love Maryland.

No, different..if you submitted 2/27 you should get the email tomorrow 6am. Your wait, so far, is the normal 7 day wait.

OP was on hold beyond the 7 days due to some diddunuffin with a similar name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom