• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Wait, are you looking for a type 56? Or a Russian SKS?

Classic has type 56 w/ bayonets in stock. https://www.classicfirearms.com/chinese-sks-rifle-762x39/

I haven’t seen anyone with Russian SKS in stock in years.

First question, Yes.

I know about the Classic batch, they seen to the only game in town for 56s. I was just wondering if anybody else had any. It seems most of the dealers I use to buy from are gone. I have a nice 56 with a blade bayo, so I figure I need a spike to go with it.

As far as the Russian goes, I'm too new to have ever seen dealers with Russians. From what I'm seeing on GB, they are going to be hard to find at a reasonable cost.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    First question, Yes.

I know about the Classic batch, they seen to the only game in town for 56s. I was just wondering if anybody else had any. It seems most of the dealers I use to buy from are gone. I have a nice 56 with a blade bayo, so I figure I need a spike to go with it.

As far as the Russian goes, I'm too new to have ever seen dealers with Russians. From what I'm seeing on GB, they are going to be hard to find at a reasonable cost.

I’m in that same boat of being too new to firearms let alone C&R to have seen it. So >4yrs of dealers not having any. Which I guess isn’t decades, but is years :-)

I think it pretty much stop soon after Obama and congress enacted Russian sanctions and stopped all imports.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Yep! And the all went to Canada.

Upside, is it is legal to import firearm parts from Canada. I forget what the limits are, but something like <$100 USD (CDN?) and no export/import licensing stuff needed. Downside is most folks don’t realize or don’t want to chance anything.

But it does mean you can get some SKS parts that are new/NOS from Canada occasionally if you spend a bit looking. No full SKS as firearm imports require a license and almost no one wants to deal with that hassle (and may violate the Russian sanctions as I don’t think it allows secondary importation. Actually, same as the Chinese ban, but there original 56s and parts coming from not China is okay. The Russian stuff too AFAIK, just that there isn’t much Russian surplus SKS that isn’t in Russian Armories).

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    First question, Yes.

United has has a number or Russian SKSs at reasonable. Costs.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    They had one a couple of weeks ago on their thread.

I was thing about it.

Somebody else was thinking faster.

That's about the third one I have seen them get. They are out there in the $400 to $500 range for a good rebuild shooter.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I just got my renewal. And a paid off credit card. And I wanted a spike Type 56 to go with my blade 56. So I got one.

Your profile pic is amazing, lol. Haven’t seen him on MDS lately but I saw that video with his testimony.

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    I know this isn’t the perfect place for this question, but anyone have any thoughts on the current FAIR price for Turkish 8 mm Mauser on strippers in Bandoliers? Stumbled into a gun store in rural middle America and the guys have no idea what it is. They have no price in mind. I’ll buy it if it’s cheap enough. I told them I’d figure out what I think it’s worth.

JTH20

Feb 18, 2013
    MD
    I know this isn’t the perfect place for this question, but anyone have any thoughts on the current FAIR price for Turkish 8 mm Mauser on strippers in Bandoliers? Stumbled into a gun store in rural middle America and the guys have no idea what it is. They have no price in mind. I’ll buy it if it’s cheap enough. I told them I’d figure out what I think it’s worth.

$25 to $35 depending on condition. Value tends to stay low since the ammo is so hot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom