• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • remodeler1

Jul 23, 2013
    Frederick
    Sportsmans outdoor superstore sent me an email with a similar deal. Great price even with transfer cost.

I have the 9mm, and I like it. Just added the Talon grip wrap but haven't gotten any range time to see how it feels.

Yes, S O S has them for 239.99 & free shipping too. They've been my go to for internet purchases lately

FFMike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2010
    Howard County
    I think they are blowing out the 9 & 40 for the new design, a la 45. The 45 shield has the new grip texture and improved trigger. I assume they are going to roll that design into the 9 & 40.

My .45 Shield had a great trigger and reset out of the box. It was nicer then the 9C I bought and still have from 2009. (The 9C trigger is awesome now even after 8K rounds)

While I have never fired a Shield 9 or .40 I can say that this was a little more pleasant than the XDS .45 I have (although it is still a nice carry gun with about 3500 rounds thru it since the recall).

I saw no need to enhance the grip. It was comfortable and easy to hold firmly with no unpleasantries.

FFMike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2010
    Howard County
    Looking at some of the adds I have seen online the prices are not really saving you much. You still need to send in to S&W from what I can tell for the rebate.

2A had my .45 for $20 more than one of the online adds. I would rather eat that $20 with a local gun shop and help keep them in business!

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Yes, S O S has them for 239.99 & free shipping too. They've been my go to for internet purchases lately

Agreed, SOS is pretty good and I love their free shipping. I just ordered an M&P9 shield! Great price and the $75 rebate makes it even better.

Looks like the rebate is all done online and you upload a photo of your receipt. They should all be like that!

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    Where do you all get your transfers done? Preferably Anne Arundel or surrounding counties.

I've been out of the game too long...haven't bought a handgun in 5 years so I dont know where the good spots are anymore.

Thanks

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Where do you all get your transfers done? Preferably Anne Arundel or surrounding counties.

I've been out of the game too long...haven't bought a handgun in 5 years so I dont know where the good spots are anymore.

Thanks

South Carroll Sporting Goods is the best spot near me (Western Howard Co) but I can't say I know too much about AA Co dealers

remodeler1

Jul 23, 2013
    Frederick
    Agreed, SOS is pretty good and I love their free shipping. I just ordered an M&P9 shield! Great price and the $75 rebate makes it even better.

Looks like the rebate is all done online and you upload a photo of your receipt. They should all be like that!

Did you notice that the ones at PSA have no thumb safety while the ones at SOS do? I'll probably get one from SOS

Shoobedoo

US Army Veteran
    Jun 1, 2013
    Keyser WV
    Are these good for plinking? I am looking for a range, fun gun.

If you like to plink at 10-12 yards then yes, it's adequate for that. Unfortunately the short barrel on the 9mm Shield isn't particularly accurate at longer ranges, but to be fair it was designed as a close range personal defense gun, not a target pistol.

This is a fine deal for the gun @ $244, even when you factor in shipping and transfer fees you're probably sub $300 or pretty close to it.

I own both the 9mm and 45 Shield, plus a half dozen other M&P pistols, and the trigger on the 9mm Shield was the worst I've had on any M&P pistol thus far. The good news is with the money you save on this deal you can afford to install an Apex action enhancement kit and/or trigger, which will greatly improve both the pull weight and the smoothness on the 9mm Shield, and I highly recommend it to anyone planning to buy a Shield 9mm.

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    Can any IPs get near this price? I suddenly have a hankering to fill the holster that I got as a door prize from Welder on sign-making night......

Steyr40

Mar 3, 2012
    AA County
    I love my 9mm Shield. Feels great in my hand and is pretty accurate. If I ever get my CCW it would be in the rotation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom