• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Just had my interview, it was quick and painless. She basically asked some of the same questions that were on the application i.e. Criminal history, illegal drug history, prescription medication use etc...wanted my wife's number so she could speak with her, reminded me to let my references know that they will be calling, wanted to know what type of gun I would be carrying, asked when I last had a physical altercation and reviewed my G&S and wanted to know what business I was in.

Interview lasted all of 10 mins max

She also said that the final decision is left with the review board, she has nothing to do with it.

Still no update from VA

Waterloo Barracks? :innocent0

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    My wife just had her interview yesterday at the Waterloo barracks. Application was received by MSP the first week of February. She was told she should call if she doesn't hear anything by June 1st. :crazy:

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    My wife just had her interview yesterday at the Waterloo barracks. Application was received by MSP the first week of February. She was told she should call if she doesn't hear anything by June 1st. :crazy:

hqdefault.jpg

Jano

Jul 11, 2016
    Was wondering when utah permit usually comes , im on day 42 since my CC was charged??
    Thanks in advance

Bigfoot21075

Ultimate Member
    Nov 3, 2008
    Elkridge, MD
    Update - my retired Navy friend got his back. He works for a defense contractor. His restriction reads that he is authorized to carry as long as he is employed as a DOD contractor by XXXXXX (name of his employer). He is not in the physical security business - he's a retired submarine Master Chief.

He used OPM breech, ISIS and access to TS/SCI as his justification.

He had his MSP interview a couple weeks after he mailed in his application and received his cards a couple weeks after his interview. I was listed as one of his references and they did call and conduct a short interview with me.

Hmmm I wonder if that is a standard practiced by all of the investigators. If so I need to try again. I have all of the above except retired Sub Chief.....

I feel like I am starting totally over....

Hakuna Matata

May 14, 2014
    It's really a shame that we are being treated as subjects as opposed to citizens and as such we are required to ask permission from our govt to bear arms. This is extraordinaryly disheartening.

How can any of the G&S reasons that are accepted by the board be any more good or substantial than self protection? Essentially, all of the accepted G&S reasons all boil down to being able to protect yourself should the need arise. I really hate this.

Magnumst

Ultimate Member
    Mar 26, 2013
    Got my unofficial "disproved" today, at 111 days. Looks like I will be going to hprb.

Sorry to her a this. I was really hoping you would get your permit without having to go through the HPRB. It really does suck that the MSP consider defending your self and family as a privilege that they get to deal out as they see fit.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Got my unofficial "disproved" today, at 111 days. Looks like I will be going to hprb.
    I would suggest the informal command review route first. You can still appeal to the board if the informal review is fruitless. You will get a command review much faster than a meeting with the board.

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    I would suggest the informal command review route first. You can still appeal to the board if the informal review is fruitless. You will get a command review much faster than a meeting with the board.

I was planning on that, it might give me some insite into their logic, or at least lack there of.

PitStop

Jan 26, 2017
    1/6/17 - Completed carry training course
    1/14/17 - Mailed Maryland W&C application
    1/24/17 - Maryland check cashed
    3/28/17 - MSP interview conducted (as far as I know, I have not be DQed yet)
    Update -
    4/25/17 - Called licensing division today, they informed me that I have been approved and that I should see my credentials in the mail "soon"

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    I was planning on that, it might give me some on-site into their logic, or at least lack there of.
    I have been through a command review. The results were positive. You can truly get your points across in ways you can't on paper or an over the phone interview.

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    I have been through a command review. The results were positive. You can truly get your points across in ways you can't on paper or an over the phone interview.

I had an in person interview, and the trooper was less then helpfull and seemed to be willfully ignoring my main points, he flat out refused to call my project security officer, and instead pressured my supervisor and coworkers for the specifics of my clearence.

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    Quick update update, got my official denial letter, lack of g&s, despite supervisor letter. I am working on releasing my g&s, I haven't forgotten about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom