• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

TomisinMd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2013
    Elkton, Md
    Welcome! Always great to see new girls posting! Nice piece too, by the way. My daughter goes out regularly with me and I tried to get her on here. Full college schedule gives her 0 time though.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Beretta Maven is a female shooter on here with some awesome toys. If your looking for her just follow any of RoadDawgs posts ;)

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    Threads with this title don't usually last as long as many of the members would like.

Welcome, glad to have you here.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Threads with this title don't usually last as long as many of the members would like.

Welcome, glad to have you here.

Yep, ditto. And welcome 'siggirl1911'!

-----

We've had at least 3 threads over the years (going back at least 5 years) with essentially this title, I started one of them. All have been closed now, and the one I started is actually no longer even accessible to regular users.

I like this thread best, because it is asking for input and info about other female shooters/gun enthusiast. Let's NOT pollute this thread with a bunch of sexy pics, please.

My better half only goes with me to about 1/10th of the shooting events or gun club/MDShooters meetups that I attend; she's just not that interested. She does look over my shoulder and read quite a bit of these threads, but I suspect mostly to just keep tabs on me, ha!

Indirectly she's learned quite a bit, and every now and then she'll say something that only a real gun enthusiast would know, and I bet she picked it up on these forums. I suspect there are a LOT more women reading or passively interacting on MDShooters than most of us might thing. Many women use usernames that don't indicate that they are women.

There are a few gun clubs and training centers in Maryland that have women only events; understood that some women (especially new shooters) prefer women only events.

S&WGirl06

Sep 11, 2013
    Harford County
    You have a nice 1911! Mine first gun was a S&W M&P 9mm. Hence my username, haha. Yes, I am not that active at posting, but I do like to read as many posts that I can on the various topics. I was just like you, my husband had been talking about mdshooters all the time and so I joined to see what people say. He is also the one that got me into guns and hunting. I didn't think I would like guns and hunting that much, but I thought I would give it a try in order spend more time with him. Then I ended up falling in love with both and we both have our gun lists like you do and they keep getting longer. Lol.

siggirl1911

Dec 6, 2016
    Baltimore co.
    You have a nice 1911! Mine first gun was a S&W M&P 9mm. Hence my username, haha. Yes, I am not that active at posting, but I do like to read as many posts that I can on the various topics. I was just like you, my husband had been talking about mdshooters all the time and so I joined to see what people say. He is also the one that got me into guns and hunting. I didn't think I would like guns and hunting that much, but I thought I would give it a try in order spend more time with him. Then I ended up falling in love with both and we both have our gun lists like you do and they keep getting longer. Lol.

Finally a woman! Thank you it's my first and only bc I just can't see myself going to a pink .22 like most girls would want after getting this. I'd love a m&p in od green tho!

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Mrs. DA is not a member, but she likes the shooting sports. I even built her first AR (upper) in Chad Force One. She is a decent shot for a n00b, but with practice, I might have to build her a precision AR...

siggirl1911

Dec 6, 2016
    Baltimore co.
    Welcome! My girlfriend is not a member, but she is a shooter. Haven't gotten her into hunting quite yet. She also shoots a 1911, Para Expert Stainless. She also shoots my Kimber better than I do and I'm bitter and proud at the same time, haha

Lol im.sure that would be the case for most men in your situation. Atleast your proud! I havnt really gotten into hunting not against it tho. Kimbers are nice! I looked at one before I got my sig.

S&WGirl06

Sep 11, 2013
    Harford County
    Lol! Yeah, I agree, the all pink stuff is a little much. Yeah I like that color green. My M&P is all black, but I have to say I have a sparkly pink hand grip. This is probably the only pink accessory I have on any of my guns or my compound bow for hunting. lol. I am kind of like you, I like to have more powerful guns and manly colors. haha.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    There are a lot of women who shoot. But just do not post on forums.

I know several women who shoot pretty seriously.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom