Cecil county About to get screwed with new gun laws?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    This happened in Elk Neck, not Elkton. And, if this moron was alone, I'll eat my hat. Someone else knows and isn't sacking up. That the trouble with the laws on the books or any new redundant laws.
    Around here, they'd have to be turned in................

The real problem is that you still do not know who did it unless you can ballistically match the bullet with the gun. If a bunch of morons were firing into the air on New Year's Eve, who is going to be the one from the bunch to turn everybody in.

This is what sucks about murders in the city too. Everybody is scared to death to get involved, because they are scared for their life.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Sorry didn't mean to cast a undo light on Elkton but you do have to admit that most of the careless/criminal gun play in the county is in the Elkton area. We over in the other half of the county just have our domestic discharges. Again I say no law will change any of those types of behavior. Chris

Elk Neck is Elkton (just to split hairs a bit more here). The girl was on AJS Court, an Elkton Address. The State Park is in North East.

Big Dog

Dec 16, 2012
    North East
    When O'Moron passed more gun control in the wake of Newtown the question was, how will these laws prevent another Newtown?

The same applies here. We are responsible gun owners and don't shoot in a manner that is unsafe but some people do. So? How does this law stop what happened to this poor girl? THEY HAVE NOT FOUND WHO DID THIS. With or wothout a law they still would not have found him.

Neighbors can already report people who use guns unsafely. This is another worthless law that will not solve the problem it alleges to solve.

Just my 2 cents but it seems like another law that affects people who do the right thing and will not hamper those who do not.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    This law would eliminate the Joe Biden Defense Method, shoot a double barrel out the window, unless you got the neighbors permission in writing first and had it in your possession.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    A handgun most likely. My first AR is about to arrive (well, arrive to begin the waiting period...) and my thinking is that ARs are and will be more scarce in the future compared to handguns.

Well, since every AR except the HBAR and AR pistols are going to be banned on October 1, 2013, I would tend to agree with your conclusion. ARs are going to be a lot more scarce than handguns in the future.

That is assuming that we cannot vote these people out of office and replace them with people that might actually understand facts and how to fix problems. People that might understand assault weapons are not a problem and not used in the VAST majority of murders.

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    I can't find anything in Cecil code about firearms discharge, except pertaining to parks, so I assume this didn't pass. I also assume that I can shoot into a backstop on my OWN property even if not a full 150 yards from my closest neighbors. It looks like my staging area I wish to have is at most 100 yards.

Now I wish someone would get the fox law regarding hunting/trapping/possession of pelts repealed. You want a stupid law? That is the very definition of a totally stupid law! I'd like to get it repealed. Where do I start? The only politician affiliated with Cecil that I know of or anything about is Del Mike who used to be on the Cecil county council.

henn5849

Aug 29, 2009
    Cecil County, MD
    I can't find anything in Cecil code about firearms discharge, except pertaining to parks, so I assume this didn't pass. I also assume that I can shoot into a backstop on my OWN property even if not a full 150 yards from my closest neighbors. It looks like my staging area I wish to have is at most 100 yards.

Now I wish someone would get the fox law regarding hunting/trapping/possession of pelts repealed. You want a stupid law? That is the very definition of a totally stupid law! I'd like to get it repealed. Where do I start? The only politician affiliated with Cecil that I know of or anything about is Del Mike who used to be on the Cecil county council.

I don't think it passed either. I still shoot on my property into an extremely large hill. I get visited by sheriffs office when I do shoot. They say, "Hello again. Someone complained so we have to come out. Have a nice day and enjoy yourself. I love the sheriffs department :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012

Got a link to this law? I found this:
    http://www.eregulations.com/maryland/mdhd12/general-furbearer-regulations/
    What parts of the MD law don't you like?
    The seasons?
    Permits for meat older than 10 days?
    Special license?
    Special Training?

Or are you talking about some Cecil County Fox law?

Remember there is another very powerful group of Fox Chasers interested in anything effecting Foxes in Cecil County the horseback fox hunters. They will have much more political clout than fox trappers. They are interested in more foxes not fewer and one reason there are so many fox in Cecil.

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    I had a trapper who actually traps fox in Cecil get back to me at MDwhitetail, and he said that the state took over the control of wildlife laws so the old law is basically null and void. I am still going to ask DNR about it.

BTW we had buttloads of red foxes where I lived before in n Balto co, then in a span of 3 years they just trickled down to almost nothing. It is the coyotes, and they will leave Cecil a desolation in due time, no matter how many fox chasers there are. I think PA has a balance between the 2 animals only due to the large amount of fur hunters and trappers who kill the coyotes in good #'s, helping to keep the population from getting too high. In MD, very few people do either, so the coyotes may just totally edge the reds out, making what's left be living in towns under people's sheds, or in buffers between development. This is what happened in Indiana. The fox chasers and their selfishness will bite them soon enough. Though I am sure they will find willing stooges to catch foxes live and sell them live to them to release, even though that is very illegal in MD.

I actually once talked to a fox chaser from St Marys, back when they still had the closed fox season. She said there were so many foxes that mange was constant and the issue was to have to treat their hounds over and over for mange. She actually wanted the season opened to cull out the mangey ones ( and it finally happened- maybe that was when the state pre-emption to DNR was passed).

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    I don't think it passed either. I still shoot on my property into an extremely large hill. I get visited by sheriffs office when I do shoot. They say, "Hello again. Someone complained so we have to come out. Have a nice day and enjoy yourself. I love the sheriffs department :)

How many neighbors do you have? Must be a bunch of development where you are to have that keep going on every time. And city people who moved there...

henn5849

Aug 29, 2009
    Cecil County, MD
    How many neighbors do you have? Must be a bunch of development where you are to have that keep going on every time. And city people who moved there...

A few houses around me. Its 100% safe. The officers agree. It's usually the drunk around the corner that calls. Lol

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    Did they catch who was responsible for that girl? I never heard if they did, my concern is if the law would only do more harm than good.

Figure I would post this here :( . I used to take the train with the little girls Grandma. Reading the Cecil Rag today I saw her daughter (the mom of this little girl) has passed due to a OD . The drug problem here is horrendous but if there was ever a reason to become a addict I think losing a child one be at the top of the list

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom