• 1216171153.jpg
      1216171153.jpg
      56.9 KB · Views: 582

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland
    are those capture papers or ?
    looks to be in either Italian or French, can't quite make it out.

original receipt Feb 11 1947 written in Italian purchased for L. 9000. need to convert that yet .yellow paper is just the translation of the older piece of paper .It was a purchase between U.S. Marshall and the American LA VOJ Pierre Joseph is the purchaser .I do not really have a good library for the Beretta. I was told the model 1922 was originally nickel ed when Pierre Joseph purchased it cant find anything that verifies that. The other thing is the PB on grips is at the top of the grip all other 1922 I've found the PB is on the bottom of the grip.Any hep would be appreciated.

Jul 1, 2012
    You might be able to tell by looking in the mag well and underneath the slide.
    Chances are pretty high it's plated though, that was what all the cool kids were doing right after the war.

BTW - just noticed some of the other cool stuff in the cases (Steyr-Hahn, C96, P08 etc).
    What shop?

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland
    You might be able to tell by looking in the mag well and underneath the slide.
    Chances are pretty high it's plated though, that was what all the cool kids were doing right after the war.

BTW - just noticed some of the other cool stuff in the cases (Steyr-Hahn, C96, P08 etc).
    What shop?

Southern Gun Works out of Suffolk VA i like checking him out when i go to Fredricksburg Va gun show

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Grips should be wood if I'm not mistaken. You didn't see metal or plastics until after the twenties with Beretta autos. Would die to find a nice Model 1923 with naval property markings for anything less than $1k.

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland
    Grips should be wood if I'm not mistaken. You didn't see metal or plastics until after the twenties with Beretta autos. Would die to find a nice Model 1923 with naval property markings for anything less than $1k.

Theirs a set of old metal beretta grips on ebay. not nickle for same model as mine.metal wood not sure still learning

Jul 1, 2012
    From Blue Book:
    "MODEL 1922: successor to the Model 1915-1917, mfg. with more open slide and modern slide stop, wood or pressed metal grips, ser. no. range 200,000-243,000. Mfg. 1922-1932."

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    I always get confused over the differences between the early 1915, 1917, 1919 and 1922 models. Usually see the older Berettas with wood grips, later models manuf. in the 20s with metal, occasionally wood. You didn't see Beretta using synthetic grips until the 30s.
    Have never had any luck finding an early Beretta auto in VG condition. Most I see have led a hard life. And the low production volume Model 1923 in 9mm Glisenti is the white whale of early Berettas. Rare and pricey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom