• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • F5guy

Mar 27, 2013
    Annapolis
    Saw this on book of faces and wonder if permits have changed since I saw one last?
    6274dec1fa50660e14e60fdfc9de7eab.jpg
    156a5f647a503c23babeb02d2c482f8f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Saw this on book of faces and wonder if permits have changed since I saw one last?

Sent from my iPhone using

AIUI...
    The restrictions have been removed from the "business G&S related" CCW permits... FOR THE BUSINESS OWNER/S.

However... The "employees of" who are carrying permits... are still restricted to on the job/while working.

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    Has MD ever tried to say the W&C should not be recognized in the few states that recognize MD's without reciprocation, due to the "MD Only"?

1ceman

Dec 26, 2013
    I dont think Md can tell other states what to or not to recognize. Last I checked, Va and a handful of states accept the fact that I had to fight like hell to get it in Md and typically the other states know that.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Has MD ever tried to say the W&C should not be recognized in the few states that recognize MD's without reciprocation, due to the "MD Only"?
    Why should or would they do so?

Maryland has zero authority in the matters of what CCW another state chooses to recognize.
    I dont think Md can tell other states what to or not to recognize. Last I checked, Va and a handful of states accept the fact that I had to fight like hell to get it in Md and typically the other states know that.

Correct. Md. has no authority over other states rights.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County

My take on it is that the "MD Only" on the permit is to remind permit holders that having it in their wallet doesn't necessarily do anything for them outside of MD's borders. It's aimed at the permit holder, as a caution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom