• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chris

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 21, 2005
    Cecil Co, Maryland
    Moojersey, make sure you look at the taxes in PA before you jump. I was taken back by the rates for Chester/York/Lancaster vs Maryland. Chris

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Not a "News Story", but definitely something noteworthy I wanted to share.

Last night my wife pulled into the Acme parking lot, still talking on the phone she found a spot and parked to finisher her conversation prior to shopping (Bluetooth in the car).

A man walked up to her drivers window, stood there for (according to her) about 30 seconds, then walked off as he noticed someone else getting out of their car. Needless to say she wasn't rolling the window down or exiting with him there.

While putting groceries in the trunk after exiting the store she is approached again, different dope head this time (here's the story).

This guy claimed he was "Pastor Mike from the Paris Foundation" and had locked himself out of his car which meant he was then locked out of the building". He asked her for "7 dollars", she said she didn't have any money.

Now then? Me? I don't care about being approached by people, the get the sense in a real hurry that I don't have time for their shit and I have yet to have anyone test me. My wife on the other hand is a different story. These pieces of shit seem to be approaching females at a higher rate knowing they have better odds for compassion (I guess)?

I'm getting really sick of this, happened to her twice at the North East Walmart (she parks further out so the white trash don't ding up her car), same thing, approached either when exiting the car or putting groceries in.

As much as I hate to grocery shop, looks like I'm a full time shopper (with her) from now on.

Ridiculous, how could this shit little town be SO plagued with heroin?

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    Not a "News Story", but definitely something noteworthy I wanted to share.

Last night my wife pulled into the Acme parking lot, still talking on the phone she found a spot and parked to finisher her conversation prior to shopping (Bluetooth in the car).

A man walked up to her drivers window, stood there for (according to her) about 30 seconds, then walked off as he noticed someone else getting out of their car. Needless to say she wasn't rolling the window down or exiting with him there.

While putting groceries in the trunk after exiting the store she is approached again, different dope head this time (here's the story).

This guy claimed he was "Pastor Mike from the Paris Foundation" and had locked himself out of his car which meant he was then locked out of the building". He asked her for "7 dollars", she said she didn't have any money.

Now then? Me? I don't care about being approached by people, the get the sense in a real hurry that I don't have time for their shit and I have yet to have anyone test me. My wife on the other hand is a different story. These pieces of shit seem to be approaching females at a higher rate knowing they have better odds for compassion (I guess)?

I'm getting really sick of this, happened to her twice at the North East Walmart (she parks further out so the white trash don't ding up her car), same thing, approached either when exiting the car or putting groceries in.

As much as I hate to grocery shop, looks like I'm a full time shopper (with her) from now on.

Ridiculous, how could this shit little town be SO plagued with heroin?

Tell her to go to Redners it close by , not many dope heads there :) . Acme "should" be getting better they are putting a fence up along the back to take away the homeless camp along with a roving security guard (unarmed SMH) . North East Walmart sorry but with Lakeside there nothing can be done . Our daughter works there and I wont allow her to leave to pick her up till she calls , and must bring a puppy with her since she cant carry.

Makanik

Oct 11, 2014
    Cecil Co. Maryland
    My wife shops Redner's too or she will ride out to Rising sun. We both refuse to use Walmart for our own reasons, but a couple guys I work with use the one in North East and have said they have been approached by people wanting money. They have refused them. It is ridiculous that you have to watch your back just grocery shopping or have to go out of your way to another town to avoid it all together. I BLAME METHADONE CLINICS.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I blame dope, pills, low bails/bonds, 1% bail bondsmen, laughable sentences, methadone clinics, the "Health" Department, and churches feeding and clothing the homeless (full time). I also blame society in general for putting up with that list of things among others.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I wish vigilance was enough, but I seriously think at some point there will need to be an actual movement to "take back" this County (Elkton and North East in particular). Ridiculous the tax base our government is working with and can't do something about the dope fiends hassling people who are trying to go about their normal lives.

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    I wish vigilance was enough, but I seriously think at some point there will need to be an actual movement to "take back" this County (Elkton and North East in particular). Ridiculous the tax base our government is working with and can't do something about the dope fiends hassling people who are trying to go about their normal lives.

I am fully in agreement with you. I live close to Elkton, am forced to go to North East for work reasons, and work in Perryville. It is a plague of dopeheads and losers in all 3 towns. Unbelievable the things you see. Especially when it comes to the children of these assholes.

My wife and I have a Walmart within 10 miles of either direction of our front door.... We drive to Oxford to shop. I highly reccomend you and the misses do the same. Hell, the Walmart smells like funnel cakes! What more could you ask for. Even better, no lakeside trash or Elkton bums to bother you.

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    I blame dope, pills, low bails/bonds, 1% bail bondsmen, laughable sentences, methadone clinics, the "Health" Department, and churches feeding and clothing the homeless (full time). I also blame society in general for putting up with that list of things among others.

No argument. There are some EXTREMELY rare cases of good people getting hooked on dope because of doctors over prescribing pain killers. But mainly it is dumb ass teenagers looking for that next level high and switch to heroin.

Nobody missed the memo in early adolescence that heroin and hard drugs are bad and will ruin your life. For many in this area it is a choice and I have absolutley no sympathy.

The only ones I feel sorry for are the children they choose to have. They are doomed from the start and have a very rough life ahead of them.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    My cousin lives down by the river in Conowingo. He has a shocking amount of issues, mostly with white trash trying to stir up trouble. Police are always down there watching for trouble.

The side of Darlington nearest the river is starting to have problems, too. I had metal stolen from a property over there and an attempted break in to our second house last year. Also had (on several occasions) people visiting the campground for festivals just park their car at our other property and leave it. Several shed break-ins (looking for ATVs I assume) and a friend had their house robbed over Thanksgiving (runs a business out of the basement, they cleaned out his cash but left his gun safe unmolested). I've heard there is a homeless camp starting up over by the campground which might explain the petty theft. I have it on good word that the campground draws some issues as well which might explain some of it.

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    U
    My cousin lives down by the river in Conowingo. He has a shocking amount of issues, mostly with white trash trying to stir up trouble. Police are always down there watching for trouble.

The side of Darlington nearest the river is starting to have problems, too. I had metal stolen from a property over there and an attempted break in to our second house last year. Also had (on several occasions) people visiting the campground for festivals just park their car at our other property and leave it. Several shed break-ins (looking for ATVs I assume) and a friend had their house robbed over Thanksgiving (runs a business out of the basement, they cleaned out his cash but left his gun safe unmolested). I've heard there is a homeless camp starting up over by the campground which might explain the petty theft. I have it on good word that the campground draws some issues as well which might explain some of it.

Not surprising. Conowingo and Darlington are no exception to the statewide dope problem. Easy theft equils easy money at pawn shops and local fences. Have to support that habit.

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    Hell, not long ago they tried to put a methadone clinic in North East next to Pats. While I dont want to see them anywhere... They refused it due to town residents rejecting it.

By doing so they sent all of the local dope fiends from the town they live in to Elkton and made it twice as bad for those residents. I say they keep the problems where they live and truly expose the issues where they ACTUALLY are. If every town has a methadone clinic and every town resident has to see the trash they live among... At least there can be a real outrage in the community instead of sending them all to one or two spots in the county.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    I am fully in agreement with you. I live close to Elkton, am forced to go to North East for work reasons, and work in Perryville. It is a plague of dopeheads and losers in all 3 towns. Unbelievable the things you see. Especially when it comes to the children of these assholes.

My wife and I have a Walmart within 10 miles of either direction of our front door.... We drive to Oxford to shop. I highly reccomend you and the misses do the same. Hell, the Walmart smells like funnel cakes! What more could you ask for. Even better, no lakeside trash or Elkton bums to bother you.

A friend at work lives in Conowingo and he told me they shop in Oxford as well...

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    This business must be very very profiatble.

I had one right next door to me for 2.5 years...Shared the same parking lot...:tdown:

We own the building so finally was able to kick them out when lease was up. They offered double to stay...They weren't staying for ANY price, lol...The place looks like a bank inside. Bullet proof glass, cameras everywhere, large safe, etc...

Now they're around the corner, across the street from the Golden Ring MSP barracks. No sidewalks in the area, so you get the walking dead up and down the road, the ones with their poor kids in strollers, and the ones who drive pulling out in front of you...

I used to talk to one girl who works there as a higher up in the administrative part...

She said they had over 1200 "patients" just at this location (but have several more), and each one was subsidized by YOU and ME...at $80 per dose, per person, per day...that's a bunch of money!!

Even after salaries, fringe benefits, security guards, methadone, and rent....there's still quite a bit of fruit left on that tree....

Even a small location easily makes millions a year...

moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County
    Just one more reason I am starting to think about moving out of Cecil. Like I said before it is a beautiful county - and actually a nice place to live overall. It is just that there is too much trash multiplying around us, and nothing is being done to stop it. Too many "walkers". I've had two near misses in the past week dealing with zombies walking around the North East Wal Mart area. These idiots just walk right into traffic on Rt. 40 with no regard. Probably high as kites.

I do shop often at the North East Wal Mart, but am making an effort to use Martin's in Rising Sun or Redners over in Elkton more. I have noticed quite an uptick in the soliciting again lately. There used to be a bunch of "regulars" with cut out cardboard signs begging for money. I used to feel bad for the dogs they were with. They cleaned that up for a while but now it seems to be creeping in again. It's funny how there are trails behind the wal mart that lead right back through to Lakeside.

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    Just one more reason I am starting to think about moving out of Cecil. Like I said before it is a beautiful county - and actually a nice place to live overall. It is just that there is too much trash multiplying around us, and nothing is being done to stop it. Too many "walkers". I've had two near misses in the past week dealing with zombies walking around the North East Wal Mart area. These idiots just walk right into traffic on Rt. 40 with no regard. Probably high as kites.

I do shop often at the North East Wal Mart, but am making an effort to use Martin's in Rising Sun or Redners over in Elkton more. I have noticed quite an uptick in the soliciting again lately. There used to be a bunch of "regulars" with cut out cardboard signs begging for money. I used to feel bad for the dogs they were with. They cleaned that up for a while but now it seems to be creeping in again. It's funny how there are trails behind the wal mart that lead right back through to Lakeside.

Trails... getaway paths... whatever you want to call them. There sure are a lot. I have been leaving the Dunkin Doughnuts drive through and watched people walk right out of the woods and into the mall area.

mroe21877

Nov 5, 2014
    Moving may not help. I moved here for work from an expensive seaside town in jersey. Expensive enough that you would think it would be somewhat safe from the druggy sh!tbags. But thanks to the overly liberal society we live in they just get a free ride and now its full of them too. Methadone addicts living in places I couldn't afford, a block from the beach. It's everywhere.

Sent from my STUDIO6_0HD using Tapatalk

marko12

Sep 28, 2009
    Maryland, on the Chesapeake Bay
    I've shopped at the North East Walmart since it opened and I've shopped at all hours and never had an episode with any of these people. Situation awareness is always on my mind when I'm there but I've never run into any trouble...yet.

As far as I can tell this is the best Walmart around, much better than the Elkton one. It's cleaner, better stocked and the people seem almost human some with an occasional smile. Never had to wait very long to have a new cashier aisle open up if traffic got too heavy.

Lakeside seems to be the common denominator with the presence of the lowlife on the prowl.

I live out by the Boy Scout reservation in a community which is difficult to find even for people who have been there before, I hope it stays like that.

cdriver24

Jan 10, 2013
    Elkton
    I live in Elkton by the Walmart and every time either my wife or I go in there we are inundated with people asking for money. I do not let my wife go there alone most of the times. Getting tired of all the crap that goes on in Cecil County and the idiots in Annapolis wonder why the citizenry want to carry. But of course we live in the People's Republic of Maryland and are looked upon as pariah’s because we feel unsafe and want a way to protect ourselves. There are just too many drug addicts and lowlifes walking around Cecil County. There has to be a better way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom