• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ground chuck

Rookie Jedi
    Sep 28, 2013
    Charm City County
    I think my pop's has a pretty stout watch collection that will hopefully be mine at some point. I know there's at least 1 rolex, but i couldnt tell you what model it is.

He's the one that gave me the omega sea master i have.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I think my pop's has a pretty stout watch collection that will hopefully be mine at some point. I know there's at least 1 rolex, but i couldnt tell you what model it is.

He's the one that gave me the omega sea master i have.
    I think watches make really great heirlooms. Properly serviced, a well maintained quality watch should last hundreds of years. I wear my 25 year old Submariner in the pool/ocean. It hasn’t lived a pampered life, but it’s still solid.

ground chuck

Rookie Jedi
    Sep 28, 2013
    Charm City County
    I think watches make really great heirlooms. Properly serviced, a well maintained quality watch should last hundreds of years. I wear my 25 year old Submariner in the pool/ocean. It hasn’t lived a pampered life, but it’s still solid.
    I have a late 1800s pocket watch the kids will get to fight each other for.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Friend runs a pawn shop. (Another friend besides Shotgun Joe)

Friend has more than a couple crack head customers. Who knew there was a caste system among crack heads? Not me.

Anyhow a couple of his regulars (among the crack heads) came in Monday. They’ve pawned a Patek Phillipe (the same one a couple times in the past year). This time, they wanted to sell it. He doesn’t carry watches unless they’ve gone off pawn. These were the upscale crack heads.

Turns out the case and face are 18K gold. So what you say…

That watch got cannibalized right there on the counter and the crack heads sold the case and face for weight of the gold less 50%.

So there ain’t no moral of the story, there’s just another thing to make you think we live in a very screwed up world.

PS, I think they’d been pawning and redeeming it for $350 and sold the gold bits for $500. Yep, it was a working watch and confirmed to be a PP.

Enjoy your day.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Friend runs a pawn shop. (Another friend besides Shotgun Joe)

Friend has more than a couple crack head customers. Who knew there was a caste system among crack heads? Not me.

Anyhow a couple of his regulars (among the crack heads) came in Monday. They’ve pawned a Patek Phillipe (the same one a couple times in the past year). This time, they wanted to sell it. He doesn’t carry watches unless they’ve gone off pawn. These were the upscale crack heads.

Turns out the case and face are 18K gold. So what you say…

That watch got cannibalized right there on the counter and the crack heads sold the case and face for weight of the gold less 50%.

So there ain’t no moral of the story, there’s just another thing to make you think we live in a very screwed up world.

PS, I think they’d been pawning and redeeming it for $350 and sold the gold bits for $500. Yep, it was a working watch and confirmed to be a PP.

Enjoy your day.
    That’s a damn shame. People suck.
    My guess is that it was stolen.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    This was yesterday’s flavor….

IMG_2484.jpeg

And today’s

IMG_2489.jpeg

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    That's a really nice piece - not terribly expensive (depending on one's definition of that) on the pre-owned market. That's one of my favorite watches that has graced the pages of this thread.

Thank you. I think it’s early 2000’s or so.
    I bought it used around 2015 on an Omega forum for about $1,900, they certainly go for more now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom