• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SwPaHunter

Jan 22, 2019
    Might be coming down to Frostburg soon for work. Driving back and forth from Pennsylvania. Might stay in hotel some nights.
    Kinda unsure about Marylands transport laws, hoping you all can help.
    I do a lot of predator hunting in Pa at night. Was thinking if I could bring my shotgun or bolt action rifle down with me to work (in a locked case with ammo separate) I could go and hunt some of the close PA gamelands in the evenings.

Then I stumbled across some article online that said law was passed that even driving through a college campus with a stored long gun was a crime now. Let alone parking on campus with it locked up during work hours.

I tried searching online, but couldnt find for sure what the law was. Don't want to get jammed up!
    Thank you

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    Might be coming down to Frostburg soon for work. Driving back and forth from Pennsylvania. Might stay in hotel some nights.
    I do a lot of predator hunting in Pa at night. Was thinking if I could bring my shotgun or bolt action rifle down with me to work (in a locked case with ammo separate) I could go and hunt some of the close PA gamelands in the evenings.

Then I stumbled across some article online that said law was passed that even driving through a college campus with a stored long gun was a crime now. Let alone parking on campus with it locked up during work hours.

I tried searching online, but couldnt find for sure what the law was. Don't want to get jammed up!
    Thank you

IIRC, that campus carry bill was introduced last year, but it didn't get through to passage, so it's not law. Yet.

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert

Thank you

If it's only rifles, nothing that would be banned as an assault rilfe, and long it's it's unloaded it would be legal to store in your car. Now college policy would be different and if they were to find out or your employer. Lots if people routinely CCW (with MD permit) on campus. Against college policy yes but not illegal.

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    Call the University Police - 301-687-4223

Frostburg is a State University

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Call the University Police - 301-687-4223

Frostburg is a State University

Exact correct answer. The college carry ban failed last year. However many college campus ban carry, but it is a civil fine. Downside is if you work for the university and it is banned, you’ll probably get fired. So call campus police and if they say fine, ask if they can cite you a policy or something saying it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom