• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    The waiting is over, approved on 04/26 by Sara Jones. :party29:
    It's metal, squarish and Reagan was President when it was manufactured.
    Care to guess?

Sara Jones did my 1st one a year ago, that last 2 were Dana Pickles. Are we back up to 2 examiners?

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    WTF!

One of mine went Pending Dec 9th and Im still waiting! :mad54:

Don't hate. Not a new examiner.

The reason I got back my two form 4's so quickly is that I got military orders to PCS. In order to get my two form 4's expedited, I had to contact the examiner, request that my form 4's from January and April be expedited, and provide copies of my orders showing that I was about to PCS.

Big kudos to the ATF for taking care of active duty service members.

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    Don't hate. Not a new examiner.

The reason I got back my two form 4's so quickly is that I got military orders to PCS. In order to get my two form 4's expedited, I had to contact the examiner, request that my form 4's from January and April be expedited, and provide copies of my orders showing that I was about to PCS.

Big kudos to the ATF for taking care of active duty service members.

Ok ok. But can I still be upset that it takes so damn long, lol.

Thank you for your service!

bcr229

FFL/SOT
    Jul 15, 2011
    Inwood, WV
    I found out over the weekend that the ATF has hired "researchers" to help with the backlog. I met one over the weekend at an MSF course here in WV. She'd been working there a month. When she started they were getting F4's that were submitted last October, now she's working on December. So, there should be some improvement.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    That'd be quite a lot of improvement, if true. One can hope... it would be really nice to get wait times back down to 30-60 days, if not less.

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    My 11/10 pending is the one that I'm guessing sometime next week.......5/10 - 5/12.

I've also got one pending 12/01 that I'm estimating at 6/5 - 6/8. So for yours, perhaps about a week+ later at 6/12 - 6/15?

Just confirmed. Hit my estimate right in the middle........my form 4 pending 11/10 was approved on 5/11. :)

Last edited:

StillServing

I know NOTHING !
    Feb 1, 2011
    Calvert County
    Sara Jones did my 1st one a year ago, that last 2 were Dana Pickles. Are we back up to 2 examiners?

When I was PENDING and called to check the status, the ladies told me my examiner was Dana Pickles and any inquiries on the form were forwarded to Dana (my friend's that had a "missing" schedule A).
    When we got the stamps back they were all (5 of them) signed by Sara Jones.

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    Leaving us in suspense? What did ya get?

Serbu Super Shorty AOW. 12ga Mossberg with a 6.5" long barrel. Now just waiting for the call from Andy that the Form 4 just arrived so I can pick her up.

Attachments

• Serbu super shorty.jpg
      Serbu super shorty.jpg
      34.3 KB · Views: 215

IlikeNFA

Certified Gear Queer
    Aug 27, 2008
    Goodbye MD, Hello freedom
    That'd be quite a lot of improvement, if true. One can hope... it would be really nice to get wait times back down to 30-60 days, if not less.

The NFA branch did indeed hire 10-12 examiner assistant's that are already on the job. This is on a contractual basis for 1 year. They are looking to hire more actual examiner's, but they are under a hiring freeze as we well know. Funding will be difficult for this, but its on the table. Help is help...it certainly won't hurt turnaround times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom