• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CombatAK

Hooligan #12
    Sep 1, 2015
    Cresaptown
    Been shooting daily, packed and unpacked my stuff and re-packed it again. Everything is ready, camo clothing smells like dirt from a spray bottle. Vacation approved. Who is ready for some huntin'? Since the last day of the season until the first day of this season, all I want to do is be in my treestand on the farm waiting for a giant (or something with antlers) to walk by. My nerves and freezer are both suffering so all I can say is 9/9/2016 can't get here soon enough.

Bart_man

Clinging to gun&religion
    Jan 8, 2011
    Hazzard County
    Been working up to it for several years. Not raised to hunt, never been. I think this will be my first year. Have a hunters safety card, bow, slug shotgun. Ready to go. intent is also to stock the freezer.
    ffe28d12953d620e7ab68fbebb02ef7e.jpg

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Vacation is approved, been shooting 3-D

Washed my hunting clothes last weekend, treated hunting clothes UV killer, letting them hang in the shed to air dry. I was never a fan of dirt.

I still have to review my gear, replace batteries, look at expiration dates in the first aid kit and safety equipment.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    All I can say is that they really, REALLY like corn. :innocent0

I'm sure that one of the resident road hunting poachers will try for it before opening day. I know the area well and I could probably take a good guess at who it is, and before you say it it's not me.:)

CombatAK

Hooligan #12
    Sep 1, 2015
    Cresaptown
    They can surely try

I'm sure that one of the resident road hunting poachers will try for it before opening day. I know the area well and I could probably take a good guess at who it is, and before you say it it's not me.:)

They would have to be VERY good shots to shoot through the pine thickets way back in where I will be. I have been watching the trail between feeding and bedding for a couple of months any they are really consistent, even with the farming going on in there. There are some mother poaching individuals around there but they know that I have ACTUAL WRITTEN PERMISSION from the LANDOWNER and they steer clear since the LANDOWNER is family. I brought DNR in there last year to look at some evidence of illegal activity on my cousins behalf. Lets just say that the farm is watched closely by those who farm it, myself, and DNR.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I heard crickets the other evening. That's my first sign that IT isn't too far off.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    They would have to be VERY good shots to shoot through the pine thickets way back in where I will be. I have been watching the trail between feeding and bedding for a couple of months any they are really consistent, even with the farming going on in there. There are some mother poaching individuals around there but they know that I have ACTUAL WRITTEN PERMISSION from the LANDOWNER and they steer clear since the LANDOWNER is family. I brought DNR in there last year to look at some evidence of illegal activity on my cousins behalf. Lets just say that the farm is watched closely by those who farm it, myself, and DNR.

I hope you're right, but I know how the assholes can be when it comes to poaching.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    I have been watching the trail between feeding and bedding for a couple of months any they are really consistent, even with the farming going on in there.
    {snip}
    I brought DNR in there last year to look at some evidence of illegal activity on my cousins behalf. Lets just say that the farm is watched closely by those who farm it, myself, and DNR.

You just jinxed yourself.

The reason the deer have been so regular is because this year's hunting regulations was not published. Now that this year's hunting regulations are being distributed, DNR will inform the deer on what the hunting season dates are. :D

CombatAK

Hooligan #12
    Sep 1, 2015
    Cresaptown
    Quite possibly

You just jinxed yourself.

The reason the deer have been so regular is because this year's hunting regulations was not published. Now that this year's hunting regulations are being distributed, DNR will inform the deer on what the hunting season dates are. :D

But my freezer cannot tell the difference between buck and doe meat. ;)

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    My plan is to bag a doe or two. Not a lot of big bucks on my farm. Plus I have a friend of my BIL I have to deal with. POS shoots everything. I'm wondering what I can do to ruin his hunts? He doesn't help with anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom