• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Balzer94

Feb 27, 2011
    My girlfriend is in the hunt for some 190 proof everclear. The type of work she does strictly requires she have 190proof alcohol or higher to clean the equipment she uses. They currently are spending a boat load buying this special 199 proof cleaning agent but looking to find a cheaper alternative. Are there any bordering states that sell real 190 proof everclear?

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    You can't even buy 100% rubbing alcohol at CVS anymore.

Apparently it's diluted with 20% water now. Government is "protecting" us from ourselves.

No thank you.

Balzer94

Feb 27, 2011
    I had asked if 189 proof was good for her needs and she is saying its pretty strict on 190 proof. 189 is not good enough. They are paying about $70 for 500ml for the 199proof stuff. Rubbing alcohol is also apparently a no go aswell.

Balzer94

Feb 27, 2011
    I say the same type of thing for the type of work i do. Like why does something so small make a difference. But they have regulations and are under tight watch every few months

Mickey the Dragon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2009
    Ohio
    What, exactly, is she using it for? For cleaning electronics, I can understand why they need it to be over 95% because they want it to evaporate quickly and leave as little water as possible. But I don't see why 95% rotgut would be a-okay but 95% isopropyl alcohol would be verboten. Either way, good luck with your search.

POP57

Ultimate Member
    Apr 5, 2016
    Delaware
    What, exactly, is she using it for? For cleaning electronics, I can understand why they need it to be over 95% because they want it to evaporate quickly and leave as little water as possible. But I don't see why 95% rotgut would be a-okay but 95% isopropyl alcohol would be verboten. Either way, good luck with your search.

I was going to guess tattoo artist.

Balzer94

Feb 27, 2011
    Cleaning equipment used to mix medications such as hormone supplements or liquid/cream numbing agents and simple medication for kids who cant take pills.

MacGuns

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Chester
    Anything medical and especially dealing with kids, I would just pay the extra $ for the approved cleaning agents. To me it would not be worth the liability.

Balzer94

Feb 27, 2011
    Thing is, 190 proof everclear is on the list of approved cleaning agents. But it also very specifically disapproves of the 189 proof variant

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom