• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigsawer

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2017
    Cecil
    Mayor Pugh said "we don’t care if its grandpa's gun or your gun, we want it."

Taking Grampa's gun is theft. Is there any kind of lawbreaking that city leaders won't embrace?

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    The Baltimore County cops should turn in all their service pistols

XCheckR

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    HdG
    Said balto residents only but also says anonymous so...which wins. Should've picked up a bunch of mags at oaks and traded then in....

Jul 13, 2014
    Mayor Pugh said "we don’t care if its grandpa's gun or your gun, we want it."

Taking Grampa's gun is theft. Is there any kind of lawbreaking that city leaders won't embrace?

ATF issued alert to all dealers in the area of a potential robberies to, then, anonymously turn those guns in for money. Would it mean then that city is engaged in buying a stolen property? Is that a felony as well?

cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    Waiting to see the pics of all the guns they bought back. I'm sure the pics will include "extras" for the evidence room. I'm sure their will be a Tec 9 and an AR added for effect.

GregSB

Feb 20, 2013
    Saw on the news a little while ago, reporter said she interviewed a woman going in to turn a gun in and was going to use the cash to buy a bigger gun.

Love it!

sar82007

Apr 6, 2013
    People's Republic of MD
    https://foxbaltimore.com/news/local/happening-today-baltimore-citys-gun-buyback-program-kicks-off

$500 for a FULL automatic. How do you prove it's full auto without pulling the trigger? I've seen stories about people getting paid for a pipe strapped to a 2x4, so I'm gonna get out my stamp set and hammer "AUTO" across my Marlin 60. Pay up, sucker!

This buyback was a farce. They refused to pay me for my pipe shotgun. They all acted like they never saw one before. The Elmer Fudd weapons evaluator thought it was a joke and told me to take it back to home depot. The city was not serious about taking guns off the streets. A cop took a photo of it no doubt to share with his buddies around the donut shop. He had to audacity to ask if I still wanted to turn it in without getting paid.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    Some years back when a police officer we were shown how you can make a one-shot shotgun from a thick magazine or newspaper. You wrap the magazine tightly around a shotgun shell with a ball bearing or even a thumb tack taped securely to the base and primer. A bad guy can simply stand against a solid wall and if you walk up to him, he can slam the magazine back against the wall firing the shotgun shell. I can say no one wanted to volunteer to try it and confirm it works.

Maybe I can take a stack of magazines to the turn-in and get some good money for them. It would definitely be better than selling them to the used book store.

sar82007

Apr 6, 2013
    People's Republic of MD
    Some years back when a police officer we were shown how you can make a one-shot shotgun from a thick magazine or newspaper. You wrap the magazine tightly around a shotgun shell with a ball bearing or even a thumb tack taped securely to the base and primer. A bad guy can simply stand against a solid wall and if you walk up to him, he can slam the magazine back against the wall firing the shotgun shell. I can say no one wanted to volunteer to try it and confirm it works.

Maybe I can take a stack of magazines to the turn-in and get some good money for them. It would definitely be better than selling them to the used book store.

Its no use. They will just laugh you all the way out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom