• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • forummastah

Sep 24, 2013
    Who offers the best Utah class for MDshooters? I want a one stop shop as much as possible. Do I need to live fire for Utah or the 30+ states?

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    VA recognizes it. I carry in VA all the time. Pretty much all our adjacent states recognize it.

I got stopped in VA once, expecting it to be a tense situation. Instead I had a friendly conversation with a very cordial police officer, discussed my carry gun, and he let me go with a warning on my speeding ticket.

VA is a much nicer place to live for gun owners

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    but just DON'T TOUCH IT UNLESS THE OFFICER ASKS YOU TO OR TELLS YOU IT'S OKAY

I didn't do this, but it came up in conversation, and he said that would be the thing that made him nervous

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    Legal Heat, Bass Pro 11/14-15-16. Don't know that they are the best, but it is close, quick, and they do it all for Utah and Arizona. No live fire. You can sign up online for the 4 hour class done right in the classroom behind the firearm counter.

Chris

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 21, 2005
    Cecil Co, Maryland
    Depending where you are, there is a class coming up in November at Balto Co Game & Fish 3400 Northwind Road Carney Md 21234. Date and times will be posted in the MDS calendar in a couple of days. It's One Stop Shop including lunch. Chris

Daiuy

May 31, 2013
    Duke's Defense does an excellent job and I really enjoyed the class. My wife plans on attending next.

pittsaero

Mar 29, 2013
    Worth A Shot in Millersville does a good class with fingerprinting & pictures included. One stop shopping!

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    Criteria is set by Utah so I'd think they all would be pretty much the same. There is only so many ways to make fairly dry basic information exciting. That being said, I'd say the best Utah class falls in to the closest class that fits your schedule.

You only need the live fire for your Utah permit to be valid in Florida. You can carry in VA with the Utah but some feel that if you are in VA often enough it is worth getting a non-resident VA permit as well. Keeps things simple for the LEO if you have an encounter which may get you on your way sooner.
    Non-Res Utah permit is not valid in Florida at all. Florida only recognizes out of state permits from people that are residents of those states. To carry in FLA you would need to get a Non-Res Fla permit and that does require live fire training(hunter safety will suffice). Utah classes require no live fire training.

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    Constitutional Firearms offers a Utah CFP class on the second Saturday of each month.
    One stop for photos, fingerprints, class and FedEx of applications to Utah BCI.

The next class is Saturday November 9 at 2:30PM

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom