• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Well, I see people do interesting things all the time. Such as, loading the tube with the first round (closed chamber) on pump guns so the can cycle it in and load the second shot into the tube......

Retarded on a couple of different fronts, first and foremost being that they are ending their shooting with a CLOSED chamber....... on purpose. :down

No "fumbling" really required. I shot a full flat of Black Cloud this season and probably 500 more target loads in an auto, never once thought of cycling the chaser closed just so I could load the mag tube and then cycle it in .:shrug:

No fumbling is required, because you know how to load the gun. Now, needing a case of black cloud for the season means you need to get back to the clays range. lol Either that or you have severely decimated the waterfowl population in the area. I'm sticking with the former though. lol

I bought a box of black cloud when it first came out. It didn't seem all that impressive to me, so I stuck with Remington Nitro steel for the first shot with Hevi-shot for two and three. I think we all have our own superstitions.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I got it at ATK discount. I'll shoot 3.5" BBB Black Cloud every season @$12 bucks a box.;)

Lots of misses in there, but also lots of birds on the ground too. 3 days in Rochester, MN the week of Thanksgiving helped the numbers. :)

Others here know my level of shooting and stay mum on the topic. :kicknuts:

You'll be in that group come spring time buddy. ;)

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    I got it at ATK discount. I'll shoot 3.5" BBB Black Cloud every season @$12 bucks a box.;)

Lots of misses in there, but also lots of birds on the ground too. 3 days in Rochester, MN the week of Thanksgiving helped the numbers. :)

Others here know my level of shooting and stay mum on the topic. :kicknuts:

You'll be in that group come spring time buddy. ;)

Of course I'll know your level of shooting after shooting with you, and I'll stay mum on the topic too because my mom taught me that if I don't have anything good to say about somebody, I shouldn't say anything at all. So, I'll just say it was pleasant shooting with you. lol

Edit to add: I think I might even shoot Black Cloud at $12 a box. Remington Nitro is twice that at retail price. Then again, I shoot Hevi-Shot at close to $5 a shell. I have got to be insane.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Edit to add: I think I might even shoot Black Cloud at $12 a box. Remington Nitro is twice that at retail price. Then again, I shoot Hevi-Shot at close to $5 a shell. I have got to be insane.

But if you only need a couple of shots per day, the overall cost is still OK.

:lol2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom