• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ZakK389

Aug 13, 2013
    Carney, MD
    Hey guys, I'm thinking about buying a pistol from gunbroker that does not include a MD compliant shell casing. Is there an FFL in the Baltimore area that produce one once they receive the gun? Thanks!

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Duffys will. Call to check prices. Before you have anyone transfer, call the ffl first. Some are not taking external transfers for a while.

ZakK389

Aug 13, 2013
    Carney, MD
    Do you know if Duffy's is accepting transfers now? That's the second shop I called to check with that is closed today. Auction ends in 4 hours..

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    Bollingers up in taneytown can do it, and they are accepting transfers. Picking up my new p556 from them, from gunbroker, this week. Not close but not a bad ride up, they are nice, and they stay open til 8 pm I believe.

TheDevilHimself

, Duffy's Gun Room
    Industry Partner
    Jul 15, 2011
    Sparks, MD
    We can take care of the shell case for $25. The fired shell is only necessary for new handguns sold in the state of MD, not for long guns, regardless of whether they are regulated or not.

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    No charge for shell casings.

Transfers:

$60 Regulated first gun, $15 for each additional gun same paperwork, same day
    $50 Non Regulated, same as above.

$75 NFA items.

railbird

Mar 13, 2013
    Harford County
    The Gun Shop in Essex can also do shell casings. Call Bob and ask him if he will take the transfer. Usually not a problem if the gun is on the handgun roster and he hasn't had a previous problem with the shipper.

410-686-7333

Les Gawlik

Ultimate Member
    Apr 2, 2009
    I just had this discussion yesterday with an FFL in NY. He said that in NY, any gun bought out of state was considered "used" and not subject to their shell case law. The key was that no state sales tax was paid. I'm not saying that approach would work here, but I thought the reasoning was interesting.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    FreeState also does shell casings for $30. Transfer fee I think is $75 or $85?

Great $105 or $115 versus $60.

And earlier this year, they were $55 for transfer. At least until I went to pick up when I was informed they now wanted $65.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    South Carroll Sporting Goods has done several for me and is in the process of doing a couple for people I know. They are located at the border of Carroll and Howard Counties on route 94 just past the train tracks. Easy to get to using I-70.

rsj1231

Ultimate Member
    Feb 24, 2013
    Harford County
    Holy smokes, $100+ for a transfer? Thing I would have to pick my jaw up off the floor if somebody quoted me that much for a transfer.

It would be $100+ if the transfer needed their shell casing service which is an additional $30. Expensive transfer nonetheless, I use a guy (Raymond James Willnecker) in Edgewood for $45 and he also releases on the 8th day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom