• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cbrem

Jan 2, 2017
    Carroll County
    Took my new AR 15 to Hap Baker this evening for the first time. First time I have shot a firearm in 30years. Took my 24 yr old son ( his first time ever) and my future son in law ( a US Marine fresh out of basic). We had the best time ever. It was great. The Range officers were the best. Very helpful with advice, pleasant, ( even when i pulled a newbie ), very personable. Not only will i be going back, i will be getting the long term plan! Thanks to the guys that worked there tonight. They made a good time great for me.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Enjoy!

Only things o don't like about Hap are it is frequently extremely crowded and they require you to shoulder a firearm at the rifle range (maybe new ATF ruling means they'll let you shoot AR pistols from the rifle line now?)

They don't really have to layout for it, but I wish during a maintenance shutdown they'd go ahead and widen the rifle range a few benches. I've had to wait 3 hours a couple of times when I got there 30 minutes after opening time on a weekend before.

A few times I've been there and there were 5 people at the entire range.

I like the RSOs a lot.

Major03

Ultimate Member
    Sounds like a really great day! Time spent with family is always time well spent.

I've had mixed experiences at Hap's...mostly good. It's very crowded close to hunting season and most weekends...definitely pays off to get there early AND to bring a pistol so you can shoot on the pistol range while you wait. Sometimes the RSO's can be heavy handed...but I like that on a public range. I'd much rather be safe and go home safe than be shot by an idiot who doesn't know what he's doing. Most of the time if you conduct yourself like you know what you're doing (e.g. don't finger bang your weapon doing things like adjusting sights etc. when the range is cold, use a empty chamber indicator, give the RSO a heads up if you want to shoot offhand, etc... they'll treat you great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom