• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Finally found someone selling korean mags. Last year when I was there it was WWII only surplus mags for M1 carbines for $30+ a piece.

Pretty much everything else I was looking for at a good deal. Though I didn’t find any great deals on a Beretta 81. Cheapest I saw was $280. Add in transfer and hard to find/expensive mags...

I get markup, but when a few places have been selling them for $180 online, that’s worth shipping the mag out of state and going to get it.

Nothing else really caught my eye. I did see a Colt 1917 in good shape, with letter...for $2699. Must have been one hell of a letter.

I considered an 81. The ones I saw were super nice. Plus you can take the mags with you since the sale is in PA. Who knows what the $180 ones online are going to look like? I’d rather pay $325 and hand pick one I know I’ll be happy with and can take mags home with me.

I did get a Beretta 92FS mag from Brian.

hchon3

Aug 8, 2017
    Did anyone of you guys look at that g98 with the trench cover, if so what did yall think?

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I considered an 81. The ones I saw were super nice. Plus you can take the mags with you since the sale is in PA. Who knows what the $180 ones online are going to look like? I’d rather pay $325 and hand pick one I know I’ll be happy with and can take mags home with me.

I did get a Beretta 92FS mag from Brian.

I got a Cz75 mag from him in case I ever pick one up. The 92FS and Cz75 are higher on my list of wants than the 81. I’d like an 81 because I have a Cz50 I like, so I am already in on 32acp. But keep in mind, that’s $280-350, plus transfer fees, MSP fee and lots of hassle (doesn’t help I didn’t have my HQL with me, so it would mean I couldn’t even start my paperwork probably until I took another visit).

I’ll give you a nice one in the hand is worth more than cheap trash, but most of the reviews I’ve seen even the $209 classics are almost all nice to very nice. If one of them had two mags with it...that might be worth it as they seem super rare and beretta’s new ones are $43 or so per mag.

I guess my point is, I expect a markup, but I was expecting more like $230-250. Especially since many of them might well be ordering 5-10 from one of the importers and getting them for maybe $150-180 a piece (I realize some guys might be buying one and reselling it, but the ones at $350 are nearly a 2x markup). And for a nice $209 one, that’s worth possibly a few bucks in extra shipping, $8 for UPS to receive it and a drive up to shrewsbury. Or heck, have the FFL pin or block the mag and pay them a few bucks extra to do that even if it means I’ve only got a 10 round mag now.

I did see someone selling one of those national guard 870 folders for $1250...ouch. Maybe the 81 markup wasn’t so bad afterall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom