• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    Take the video for what it is worth, if it is all you have, it is all you have.

Q

First 2 rounds out of the tube...#6 high brass...shoot them in the face, instant blindness...now they can't see you to attack...next round out of the tube low recoil 00 buck...Low recoil allows for a faster follow up shot...If multiple attackers each get a #6 to the face and 00 buck to center mass...I am not leaving anyone alive...I only want one side of the story told to the police...OH...and I don't call 911 for at least 10 minutes so they get a chance to bleed out...

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    1st Federal LE 132 00, 2nd Federal LE 133 00, 3rd Federal LE 132 00.......

Attachments

• 4C5EAC59-AD20-460D-A2EA-C84C1F844FCE.jpg
      4C5EAC59-AD20-460D-A2EA-C84C1F844FCE.jpg
      55.3 KB · Views: 691

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    First shot, 00 buck. Second shot, 00 buck. There's a pattern here...

(At 15 yards the pattern is about as big as a softball, that's the important pattern.)

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    Question I have is, the "walls" were close, would they have penetrated the second if it were 10 ft away?

Q

River02

One Ping Only...
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2015
    Mid-Maryland
    First six rounds Hornady Critical Defense 00 - Last 2, Remington low recoil slugs--

Attachments

• IMG_2118.jpg
      IMG_2118.jpg
      91.5 KB · Views: 670

marko

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 28, 2009
    When I was young and dumb, I took my dad's Mossy out to shoot stuff. With 7, 7 1/2.
    A 2x4? Held it pretty close, made a nice hole right through. Maybe 2" hole, I was pretty close.
    A tree? How many can rounds chop it down? Didn't take long.
    I was an idiot, I'm sure I had no eye protection.

I would think #4 inside a house would put a big hurting on an intruder, with a larger pattern(?) #2 a bit more, (tighter pattern(?) then finish with #00,
    pattern schmattern..
    I also wanted to cut down my barrel on my HD semi- auto, was a feared it might not cycle properly.
    It would "spray" wider with a shorter barrel....

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    Hence the "take it for what it's worth" clause. You want to use buckshot, feel free. I just put the video to show close range use of birdshot if that was all you had. No dog in the fight.

Q

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    First 2 rounds out of the tube...#6 high brass...shoot them in the face, instant blindness...now they can't see you to attack...next round out of the tube low recoil 00 buck...Low recoil allows for a faster follow up shot...If multiple attackers each get a #6 to the face and 00 buck to center mass...I am not leaving anyone alive...I only want one side of the story told to the police...OH...and I don't call 911 for at least 10 minutes so they get a chance to bleed out...

This is a sarcastic joke post right? If depending on a head-shot to blind, 00 is awfully effective at blinding someone(canoes don't see well). The other stuff is hopefully a joke, and also hopefully never gets quoted if there's a use of force trial later on.

As for the load to use, are people built more like a deer or a pheasant? Use 4bk at bare minumum.

DP12

Apr 24, 2018
    SoMD
    I keep bird shot in one mag tube of my DP12 and 00 in the other. Rack once, fire twice, once with bird shot, the next with 00. Bird shot to the face, 00 to the body is what I practice. Hope I never have to do it in real life though.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Hence the "take it for what it's worth" clause. You want to use buckshot, feel free. I just put the video to show close range use of birdshot if that was all you had. No dog in the fight.

Q

No harm in presenting it. We haven't done this one in a while and I'm sure it's one of the most common arguments when self defense shotguns are the topic.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    I keep bird shot in one mag tube of my DP12 and 00 in the other. Rack once, fire twice, once with bird shot, the next with 00. Bird shot to the face, 00 to the body is what I practice. Hope I never have to do it in real life though.

You practice to get a head-shot on the first(often most difficult and/or only) shot, then transition to the body for follow-up shots? If you're that good to rely on a head-shot...what's the point of switching to the body instead of just banging the buck through the brain? For that matter, if you're using lethal force to stop a threat...why not just make the first shot buck through brain? I'll never understand the "first shot birdshot and thennnnnn...." crowd.

The only thing besides some nice flitecontrol 00 loaded on mine is three low recoil truball slugs on the side in the remote chance I'd have to do a slug change over for some reason(distance, better barrier penetration....something).

Attachments

• 20190625_201710.jpg
      20190625_201710.jpg
      108.2 KB · Views: 321
    • 20190625_201831.jpg
      20190625_201831.jpg
      85.6 KB · Views: 322

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

Seriously? Ever read case studies on the terminal ballistics of birdshot? I’d rather have a .25 ACP. I don’t think this is a sound strategy.

I would grab my Tactical over and under. I’d run at the guy yelling “Go O’s”. At the last minute, I’d jump, doing a flying somersault. When I was directly above the guy BOOM, the upper barrel will be discharged, removing the perps right ear and disabling is right shoulder so he drops his weapon. (In the event he’s left handed, I go the opposite way). I would complete my somersault, going horizontally into the opposite wall, pushing off and sliding between the perps legs. The lower barrel is then discharged into the perps crotch, with some of the spray going into the perps eyes, blinding him. This, with my shotgun in my right hand, because my left will catch his dropped firearm before it hits the floor. I will then discharge the firearm into the rectum of the perp, effectively neutralizing him.

Then I’m gonna eat a grilled cheese sammich.

marko

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 28, 2009
    Seriously? Ever read case studies on the terminal ballistics of birdshot? I’d rather have a .25 ACP. I don’t think this is a sound strategy.

I would grab my Tactical over and under. I’d run at the guy yelling “Go O’s”. At the last minute, I’d jump, doing a flying somersault. When I was directly above the guy BOOM, the upper barrel will be discharged, removing the perps right ear and disabling is right shoulder so he drops his weapon. (In the event he’s left handed, I go the opposite way). I would complete my somersault, going horizontally into the opposite wall, and sliding between the perps legs. The lower barrel is then discharged into the perps crotch, with some of the spray going into the perps eyes, blinding him. This, with my shotgun in my right hand, because my left will catch his dropped firearm before it hits the floor. I will then discharge the firearm into the rectum of the perp, effectively neutralizing him.

Then I’m gonna eat a grilled cheese sammich.

Pretty damn funny. I am so NOT athletic, that scenario would never happen with me.
    I think I saw that stuff in a movie, once.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom