• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    I sort of forgot my wife’s birthday last week. A 29yr perfect record and now I’m starting back at yr 1. Trying to get out of the doghouse as quickly as possible.

So we are planning a day trip to St Michael’s this Saturday. While we are both life long Marylanders we’ve never been there.

Looking for any recommendations on things to do and see along with a good place to grab lunch.

bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD
    Have a great lunch at the Crab Claw. We make an annual trip to St. Michael's just to eat fresh crabs there.

Robertjeter

May 11, 2018
    Eastern Shore, MD
    We usually hit the winery, the tastings are pretty reasonable. My ladies love it. Great place to just hit the town after that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    Ava’s is a great little place with some very good grub. If you like spirits, Lyons Rum is located on the east edge of town and has a great staff, fun tasting room and my favorite rum.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD
    The Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum is interesting, near to The Crab Claw. The main street has lots of odd little shops.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    Crab claw, Maritime museum, I can't remember if you still get a discount from one or the other. There is a brewery, a winery, and a distillery. You can do a boat tour on the patriot, they go out around the Miles river, it's right next to the crab claw. If the yacht club is having a regatta that weekend the log canoe races are cool to watch. St. Michaels is pretty much a one trick pony though unless you plan to rent a place for a while. If you spend the night check out Carpenter St saloon (C-Street). Also Foxy's and the St Micahels Inn are nice. Not sure what's in Tilghman Island anymore other than waterman but you could check that out. I only stop there at Knapps narrows to get gas for the boat.

Depending on your budget the Inn at Perry cabin is nice and as mentioned so is 208 Talbot.

cb1980

Jul 25, 2016
    me and the girlfriend went last year for the day, no specific plans. We ended up eating at Foxy's harbor grille, great food and drinks and the prices were reasonable. We just spent the day walking around, going into all the little shops, there are tons of signs talking about the history of the city and pointing out places to visit and that is what we ended up doing, made a great little adventure for the day

Tod

MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2013
    Eastern Shore
    Good times at St Micheals crab and steak house
    We ran into Rumsfeld and Steve Bisciotti on 2 different occasions.

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    As is the Bāgery just off the bypass as you pass through/around Easton. ;) /shamelessplug

Is this yours? I will be visiting.

OP,
    Lowes Wharf is a good place to drink if you want to get further out on the peninsula, you could even head down to Tilghman Island. I agree that Ava's is a nice place to eat. Albright's gun shop is down in Easton. Lots of little shops to browse.

onedash

Ultimate Member
    Feb 24, 2016
    Calvert County
    I don't remember the name of it but I think it was an art gallery with some freaky 3D painting/ sculptures. It was pretty close to the winery/brewery/distillery. Definitely within walking distance.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    Call to see if the car ferry between oxford and royal oak is running. If so, derour to oford and take the ferry across. Oldest in us. Continue to st michaels. Robert morris inn in oxford at the ferry was good, but havent been for 20 yrs, if still there. Main st st michaels good for strolling. And resturants around the harbor a couple of blocks. Inn at perry cabin very nice accommodations. And a nice poster shop on main. Have fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom