• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    There have been other threads on similar discussion . But with Fredneck and Timonium always a week apart, and in such proximity , they're stepping on each other .

Anotherpyr

Ultimate Member
    There have been other threads on similar discussion . But with Fredneck and Timonium always a week apart, and in such proximity , they're stepping on each other .

And they’re two different groups. I stopped going to the Timonium show years ago. For me the drive to that show exceeded its value.

Been hitting up the Frederick and Howard County shows just to help keep them alive, but I can’t say it’s helping.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Frederick is a little far for us to begin with, and we're both Holiday-broke. I was ok skipping this one even before I heard the disappointing reports. This talk of HoCo being cancelled is quite disturbing...what's up with that? :eek:

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    Frederick is a little far for us to begin with, and we're both Holiday-broke. I was ok skipping this one even before I heard the disappointing reports. This talk of HoCo being cancelled is quite disturbing...what's up with that? :eek:

I heard that Frank didn't have enough venders lined up to make it worth while. I was disappointed to hear that this show was canceled.
    :sad20:

I was shocked when I first walked into the Frederick show, I have never seen this show with so few venders.
    :sad20:

I did manage to pick up a nice Browning A5 Light 12, for a decent price.
    :)

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I talked to Frank briefly as well. If I understood correctly, the Frederick fairgrounds are also more scalable based on vendor number in terms of how many buildings he might have to rent, and in other venues, there might be more upfront costs (some with exorbitant utility fees).

I walked quickly through tables at this show, but my impression was that SCSG had the most competitive (very reasonable) prices with a decent selection. There were 3 other vendors there with pretty good sized selections of current production firearms (including lever action and bolt action rifles). Precision was there with numerous AR parts. I didn't see TomKatt from whom I usually get ammo from at these shows or A1 Uniform which used to be a regular in the second building next to the cafeteria (entire second building wasn't used by Silverado on this go around).

Maybe it was there and I missed it, but was surprised that I didn't see a vendor with 80% receivers (AR or Glocks) as well as jigs. Imagine that these might be hot sellers in MD, but maybe moreso after this spring's legislative session.

Immediately post-Christmas, people might have less disposable income, so folks might have additionally not attended because they weren't spending.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

rog951

Mar 6, 2018
    Not far from Frederick
    I'd planned on swinging by the show Sunday but ended up staying home with a sick kid instead. Hopefully next time around I can make it - really want to support these local shows as much as possible.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    I want to support local shows as much as I can as well...but this is getting to the point where this orange won't be worth the squeeze much longer. I can see the day when gun shows in Maryland are a thing of the past. I'll keep going to this show as it's only across town from me, but until the onerous Maryland laws are repealed outside vendors won't be coming back into the so called "Free State". I'm not holding my breath for the laws to be repealed by the General Assembly voluntarily. It's gonna take a court ruling in support of free trade and the Constitution to do so.

FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD
    Some pics of our setup
    468fb6a28eca6be703facbd5f219f47e.jpg
    99a7357bec46326d30d3dce7f3058731.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads