• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    My buddy got me the seed I used, but any ag supply/farmers co-op should have it. It's a prevalent cover crop in MD.

There is a state specification for it. MDOT and the counties buy the stuff for road projects in the fall. Not sure though whether it isn't too late for a cover crop in January. Don't think we would have the soil temp for it to germinate. The contractor should put down these straw mats to control erosion until the spring. Either way, the yard is going to be a mud-bog until June.

antco

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Calvert, MD
    Antco you're a brave man I would have walked away along time ago, but wish you good luck, if this deal falls through stick to St. leonard and above in Calvert county for homes

At times, I can put together enough lucidity to see that the light at the end of the tunnel is not a train.

But sometimes I get it wrong. :lol:

Not sure though whether it isn't too late for a cover crop in January. Don't think we would have the soil temp for it to germinate. The contractor should put down these straw mats to control erosion until the spring. Either way, the yard is going to be a mud-bog until June.

I agree; mud bog until the April showers bring the May flowers. My kids already have muck boots. They're prepared.

antco

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Calvert, MD
    Final paperwork has been produced by the sellers and the contractor. I wired my cash to close to title today. I'm signing for me, and also signing everything as POA for my wife, this Friday morning. I will have a sore right hand by Friday afternoon.

antco

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Calvert, MD
    We've closed and moved in. I've put a turd into my brand new sewage system. It's officially mine now.

The hassle of moving is just about done! The hassle of UNPACKING is due to begin this week and next. Comcast needs to come out and trench in a new cable line from the green box; the existing had a ridiculous signal loss so the Comcast man ran a surface temporary cable for now and this internet is FAST.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    We've closed and moved in. I've put a turd into my brand new sewage system. It's officially mine now.

Congrats ! (I think)

Does the controller that comes with your new high-tech turd dissolution machine show you to entire trip of the turd through the system ? At that price, it should...

The hassle of moving is just about done! The hassle of UNPACKING is due to begin this week and next.

I am currently in the process of unpacking the last boxes from a move 10 years ago :sad20: Unfortunately, I know there are some documents somewhere in those boxes, so I can't just toss them unopened.

Comcast needs to come out and trench in a new cable line from the green box; the existing had a ridiculous signal loss so the Comcast man ran a surface temporary cable for now and this internet is FAST.

As you'll have to restore most of your backyard grass anyway, just tell the comcast guy not to put down his weed-mix after he plows the new coax (they don't trench, just a little plow on some kind of powered wheelbarrow). Just make it part of your overall spring restoration project.

antco

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Calvert, MD
    An update, spurred by a late 6-month state inspection of the miniature sewage treatment plant buried in the back yard: All is good with the septic system which was a debated topic in this thread. Even with having three girls in the house and a boatload of laundry done every week, the layers in the settling tank look great and the Orenco AX20 in the backyard is in perfect shape, doing a perfect job thus far.

As for a house update: It’s still doing good after some heat pump repairs and a new roof on the shed. By myself, I’ve removed at least 18 trees, with three of them being very large and old oaks and a hickory. I found a toilet, six tires, and a coo-coo clock in the garage attic. I have not yet entered into the main house attic. Overall, the house is doing great with a small list of upgrades, or remodels, or changes in the 5-10 year plan. But it works great for now.

antco

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Calvert, MD
    An update, spurred by a late 6-month state inspection of the miniature sewage treatment plant buried in the back yard: All is good with the septic system which was a debated topic in this thread. Even with having three girls in the house and a boatload of laundry done every week, the layers in the settling tank look great and the Orenco AX20 in the backyard is in perfect shape, doing a perfect job thus far. This is our first-ever septic system. Some paranoia came along with that fact.

As for a house update: It’s still doing good after some heat pump repairs and a new roof on the shed. By myself, I’ve removed at least 18 trees, with three of them being very large and old oaks and a hickory. I found a toilet, six tires, and a coo-coo clock in the garage attic. I have not yet entered into the main house attic. Overall, the house is doing great with a small list of upgrades, or remodels, or changes in the 5-10 year plan. But it works great for now.

Last edited:

StillServing

I know NOTHING !
    Feb 1, 2011
    Calvert County
    I just sent you a PM. I think I know what house you bought and if I'm right, knew the previous owners. They had 3 kids. 1 son and 2 daughters (might as well say 3 daughters). The owner was clueless and I'll bet those old pipes are FULL of stuff that never should have been flushed. I've lived in the neighborhood for 20+ yrs. and can give you any history you may want. If it tells you anything, the guy once GAVE me a chainsaw because it was "just too dangerous to have around the house".

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom