Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old February 13th, 2019, 10:42 AM #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIBarrister View Post
I remain pissed about Trump giving in on the bump stock ban. Having said that, the real test will be if he signs legislation for universal background checks if it makes it through the Senate. If he does, I will not be able to hold my nose and vote for him again in 2020. If he vetoes it, I certainly would because keeping the likes of RBG off the court is worth a plastic novelty. That is just my opinion, YMMV, and I know there are many here not willing to accept that trade off.
I think this is pretty much where I and a lot of folks I know stand. We'll see if it lasts when the panic sets in and the only choices are Trump, Kamala Harris, or whatever Donald Duck moron the Libertarians decide to prop up. SCOTUS could be worth a long hard nose-holding.
5cary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2019, 11:51 AM #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIBarrister View Post
I remain pissed about Trump giving in on the bump stock ban. Having said that, the real test will be if he signs legislation for universal background checks if it makes it through the Senate. If he does, I will not be able to hold my nose and vote for him again in 2020. If he vetoes it, I certainly would because keeping the likes of RBG off the court is worth a plastic novelty. That is just my opinion, YMMV, and I know there are many here not willing to accept that trade off.
Oh good idea, then you can vote for Lieawatha. I bet her SCOTUS picks will be stellar. If all we lose is universal background checks - we will be getting off light in Maryland

Home Page > Forum List > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues