• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Maryland is one of the few states where the Guv submits the budget and the GA cannot add one red cent to it.

This can be a powerful negotiating tool. If you don't approve the Guv's redistricting plan be prepared to have a hatchet taken to your pet program. Of course there is the very real possibility that the courts step in and smack MD's pee pee like they have done in PA.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    But to do that a hypothetical Governor would have to play hardball with the opposition , instead of playing nice to get them to pretend to like you .

haoleboy

1/2 Banned
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 17, 2005
    Dentsville
    Maryland is one of the few states where the Guv submits the budget and the GA cannot add one red cent to it.

This can be a powerful negotiating tool. If you don't approve the Guv's redistricting plan be prepared to have a hatchet taken to your pet program. Of course there is the very real possibility that the courts step in and smack MD's pee pee like they have done in PA.
    He "should" have already taken a hatchet to the AG's budget, but he hasn't done a damn thing.

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    Maryland is a lost cause. We're trying to fight a tyrannical, over reaching state govt with the 1st Amendment. How's that working out for us so far? They're draining our time, money, and resources and we've gained nothing. At what point will people realize this? Maryland will NEVER be a pro gun state and Maryland will NEVER return any 2A rights to the citizens. Fighting for 2A rights in Maryland is like trying to fill a colander up by pissing in it during a windstorm...you may get a little piss in it, but you're going to get more on yourself and the damn thing will never fill up. I'll wait again for someone to tell me to step aside if I don't want to fight. I'm doing what I can while I'm here, but I KNOW that its POINTLESS.

Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD
    He "should" have already taken a hatchet to the AG's budget, but he hasn't done a damn thing.

No offense but this is why I try to stay out of these Hogan bashing threads, the amount of false claims or just flat out wrong information about Hogan is mind boggling.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/ma...protection-trump-lawsuits-20180122-story.html

If the MDGA had not fought him every step of the way we as a state would be far better off now.
    Just using transportation as an example, when Hogan got in office he immediately started spending transportation money all over the state not just a few select counties. The MDGA libtards did not like him actually doing something with the transportation fund instead of stealing it for their own use like under OweMaoli so they come up with a transportation scoring bill that takes away the power that had been traditionally the governors.
    Hogan vetoed the bill and MDGA over rode his veto and most of the projects ground to a halt for 2 years. After negotiating over 2 years the projects finally started such as Route 32 past Clarksville.
    What really bugged me was some on here claimed Hogan was only doing the road projects now because of the election when in fact they were held up for 2 years by the libtards temper tantrum.

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    So I expect to see all of you either next Monday night or Tuesday during gun bill day in Annapolis, right? You are going to go stand up and fight for your rights aren't you?

Because surely if it's important enough to not vote for Hogan over then it's important enough to do something other than sit back and bang on your keyboard, right?

^^^^^^This. Show up and do your part. Maybe taking a vacation day or two to stand up for what you believe in is too much to ask, but Monday nights things don't get started until 7pm. The night Jeff and Kevin got arrested, there were all of 7 people there (if you were out of state or working security with your sidearm, you get a free pass). How many people live in AA county? More than 7 I bet. I drive an hour each way most Monday nights to go do my part.

There's a thread somewhere about the greatest threat to the 2A. As far as I'm concerned, the greatest threat to the 2A is apathy from gun owners. Their silence empowers the gun grabbers.

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    And if he signs any anti gun legislation it makes him an anti, period , and I can never vote for him.

Twin engine aircraft have a best rate of climb even if one engine goes out. Sometimes that upward climb rate is negative. The same applies for now to gun rights in this state.

Hogan, who will be the R candidate, will be the best option for gun owners in this state, even if he is only the least worst. All of you anti-Hogan folks don't really believe you'd be better off with Gov. Madeleno, do you?

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    ^^^^^^This. Show up and do your part. Maybe taking a vacation day or two to stand up for what you believe in is too much to ask, but Monday nights things don't get started until 7pm. The night Jeff and Kevin got arrested, there were all of 7 people there (if you were out of state or working security with your sidearm, you get a free pass). How many people live in AA county? More than 7 I bet. I drive an hour each way most Monday nights to go do my part.

There's a thread somewhere about the greatest threat to the 2A. As far as I'm concerned, the greatest threat to the 2A is apathy from gun owners. Their silence empowers the gun grabbers.

So again with the “ if your not coming to PP events your not helping” bs.

Some folks like myself work 5-10’s , have second jobs and take I take care of my dad, who lives an hour farther south than I do, with oldtimers and I live 2 hours away. Every vacation day I have plus about 5 years advanced me I have used taking the old man to the dr and hospital because he also had agent orange caused cancer most every where.

So quit telling folks if you don’t come to PP events your not helping. It’s not so.everyone helps how they can. The PP is great but everyone can’t make it. It’s as simple as that.

Hogan has done nothing for the 2a, that’s his fault not ours. Now instead of using redistritricing as the only carrot dangling in front of us we hear he doesn’t get the last say on that. Shit, what’s the next carrot gonna be cause I don’t like the rotten one where the MGA rolls over and give the thumbs up to Hogan’s redistricting plan.

But again if hogan comes out and says publicly he’s pro constitution and pro 2a and vetos any and all anti gun bills I will vote for him, that seems plenty easy enough.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Twin engine aircraft have a best rate of climb even if one engine goes out. Sometimes that upward climb rate is negative. The same applies for now to gun rights in this state.

Hogan, who will be the R candidate, will be the best option for gun owners in this state, even if he is only the least worst. All of you anti-Hogan folks don't really believe you'd be better off with Gov. Madeleno, do you?

Once the republican starts actually helping the dems by signing anti gun legislation and doing and agreeing with what the agenda is that they are pushing is he still a republican and how do you tell the difference?

I started bitching about hogan when he refused to tell the msp super to allow self defense as g and s
    But now I have backed up so far asking only that he say he’s pro constitution and pro 2a and to veto anti gun legislation.

There’s no where else for me to back up to. If a republican can’t say he’s pro constitution and pro 2a and can’t veto anti gun legislation then he’s a rino anti at best. Or a full blown anti at worst. Which is it

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    All you Hogan bashers just answer one question:

Is this state going to be better off with a Gov Commienutz, Baker or Jealous?

I had high hopes for hogan

But my md taxes are higher now than ever and the ******** I have to go they to get work going is far worse now. Now I would easily forgive that if hogan would say just one pro constitution or pro 2a thing. Now that he’s saying he will sign anti gun bills into law I have spent 10 k since I saw this interview. The only time I have spent like that was when osmelly was pushing the Fsa. So I don’t really see the difference between the incumbent rino and the looney leftists. Both are taking away my rights. Both have raise my taxes and make it miserable to run a company. Both are proving out to be anti gun.

Will I vote for a dem, nope, never.

Will I vote for hogan , well that’s up to him. Will he say anything pro constitution or pro 2a? Is he gonna sign those anti gun bills he said he would?

I really wish hogan would just tell the dems no on gun control but he seems so happy talking about taking my rights. It’s a shame.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    But... but... but, you don't understand. They have their principles. ;)

Yep, and they'll be here in the next couple of years wailing and gnashing their teeth about whatever the infringement du jour is under Gov Commienutz. But they didn't vote for a D so they aren't really to blame, doncha know.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    But... but... but, you don't understand. They have their principles. ;)

It’s a shame hogan doesn’t have principles, he just does what the dems wants, shit it seems like he even brought up banning bump stocks for them.

Once a republican governor actively works with dems on gun control what principles does he have left?

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Yep, and they'll be here in the next couple of years wailing and gnashing their teeth about whatever the infringement du jour is under Gov Commienutz. But they didn't vote for a D so they aren't really to blame, doncha know.

Since I voted for hogan last time and he wants to ban bumpstock sand may sign a greater than 10 round mag possession bill, does that make it my fault to?

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    Since I voted for hogan last time and he wants to ban bumpstock sand may sign a greater than 10 round mag possession bill, does that make it my fault to?

I don't know. What are you doing to resist? Are you writing letters? Written or oral testimony? Calling your delegates? Contributing to good candidates? Working on their campaigns?

If you are withholding your vote because Hogan isn't perfect, yes, it's partially your fault.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom