• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mar 31, 2011
    Frederick, MD
    ...but does a revolver manufactured in or around 1913 have to be registered in Maryland? My dad has a pre-mark 10 smith and Wesson .38 special that I would like to obtain. He lives in NJ though and not sure the best way to transfer it.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    Gotta go through FFL. Can't use the JBT's at MSP. Also it's safe to fire .38 special ONLY. No +p and preferably mild loads so you don't cause excessive wear on the frame.

Mar 31, 2011
    Frederick, MD
    That's what I figured. Can't use my own agency. Gotta pay someone to transfer it for me. It's a neat gun, however it needs a new cylinder he says. I figured I would take it off his hands since he just wants to give it to me as a gift, I could tinker with it. Anyone know how to tell what it's possible date of manufacture is?

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    ...but does a revolver manufactured in or around 1913 have to be registered in Maryland? My dad has a pre-mark 10 smith and Wesson .38 special that I would like to obtain. He lives in NJ though and not sure the best way to transfer it.

Yes, since it's post 1898. Needs to be transferred. Alternatively, you can buy it directly from him (or have him give it directly to you) if you have a C&R FFL since he lives out of state. If you don't have a C&R, you can probably get one in four weeks or so if you apply now.

Gotta pay someone to transfer it for me.

Contact Hafer's if you want to transfer it. Seven miles down Maryland Avenue.

Anyone know how to tell what it's possible date of manufacture is?

What's the serial number? Like mopar92 says below, just call S&W with the model and serial number and they'll give you the basic history over the phone for free.

mopar92

May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    If you get the serial number from the gat yo. You should be able to contact Smif 'n' Wessun to establish date and history. Alternatively contact Shotgun Joe yo he has a list of years vs serial number ranges dawg.

Mar 31, 2011
    Frederick, MD
    If you get the serial number from the gat yo. You should be able to contact Smif 'n' Wessun to establish date and history. Alternatively contact Shotgun Joe yo he has a list of years vs serial number ranges dawg.

Thanks... Uh, what's with the Ebonics? You have a stroke or something?

mopar92

May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    Half my posts I talk like that. The other half like a retarded Cuban drug lord, that okay with you mayne?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom