• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Phone calls , letters and emails are good

Coming down to the hearings , even more gooder ( humorous use of improper language ) .

jefflac02

Dec 28, 2016
    Done. Proud of my local senator George Edwards in putting forth a Pro 2A long gun bill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kagetsu

Feb 4, 2009
    That was easy. I'm sure I'm already on the list to be picked up for the Re-Education Camp of Deplorables. This can't make it worse.:cool:

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Done.. can we sign up to testify? I am really concerned about the bill doing away with the Review Board...My wife has a dentist appointment at noon time. So going to hope they can take her early and then drive like a mad man safely to Annapolis. You see if that Guy says they meet in secret then I can personally let him know that i spoke to his chief of staff, gave her the web page where they can find the boards recording online, and I told her about the MCP having us sign in which is against the MD Open meeting law as well. It would be kinda hard for him to say they did not know about the recordings when I gave the web page to them..

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Yes , you can testify, in person in the Hearing , submit written testimony, either or both . ( The two don't have to be the same . You could extensively cover lots of points in written , with graphs and charts , and then speak briefly on still different point .)

Written testimony ( with proper number of copies ) submitted by 12:15 , electronic sign in screen for in person shuts off also 12:15 .

If you are running late for sign in , but will be in time for actual testimony ,contact one of the MDS'ers there to sign you up .

The Committee Chair controls the order the Bills are heard. They can and do juggle things to accommodate sponsoring Senators who have other time commitments with other Committtees .

A particular Bill could be heard at 1:01 , or several hours later . ( Other subject matters will be heard, not just "our" four Bills .)

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Form emails are easily overlooked by your legislator’s staffers.

Remember that a friendly visit does more than an email ever could :)

Know who represents you here:
    http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/webmga/frm1st.aspx?tab=home&poptype=find&popid=

MSI has a primer on how to testify on any of the bills here: https://www.marylandshallissue.org/jmain/legislation-tracker/143-how-to-testify-in-annapolis

And of course, all the bills and their statuses can be found here: https://www.marylandshallissue.org/...ker/142-2018-maryland-gun-legislation-tracker

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom