• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Do you use a ground to sky safety line for you LADDER stands?

• Yes-Safety First!

Votes: 13 27.1%
    • No=Gimme a break, its a freaking ladder-just don't let go until you clip into the ancho at the top!

Votes: 26 54.2%
    • Sometimes/Other

Votes: 9 18.8%

• Total voters

Magnumst

Ultimate Member
    Mar 26, 2013
    Last year was the first time I felt uneasy when transitioning between the ladder/steps and the stand. I have 9 stands set up and decided to install climbing ropes at each stand to connect to before ascending to the stand. I always wear a harness when in the stand.

namrelio

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2013
    Frederick Co. Virginia
    You're treating your gun better than you treat yourself.

I like it better.:)

If you are tieing a rope around you at the top. That can be extremely bad in the event of a fall. It will either leave you upside down, or restrict your breathing, tightening up a little more with each exhale.

Thank you for the tip. When I sit down on the seat and lean back on the tree, I tie the rope loosely around my waist. I can't even stand up or fall over. Its just in case I would nod off.

Remember a few years ago about the guy that fell off the stand and got his foot hung up and died upside down. His brother found him the next day. Horrible way to go.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    I like it better.:)

Thank you for the tip. When I sit down on the seat and lean back on the tree, I tie the rope loosely around my waist. I can't even stand up or fall over. Its just in case I would nod off.

Remember a few years ago about the guy that fell off the stand and got his foot hung up and died upside down. His brother found him the next day. Horrible way to go.

Spend the money for a harness! You life is worth it. :thumbsup:

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    I put them on my ladder stands for other people to use. Half the time I use a ladder stand I don't even snap in.

On my climber, which I hunt from 90% of the time, I am snapped in from ground up and back down again. If had too many falls and malfunctions using those.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

If im on my climber, I use all the time. ladder stand if its up to 3 sections of ladder stand I put on at the top/in stand. If I only use the first section of the ladder I usually dont use a harness. as mine has a guard rail also. If it didnt have a rail I'd prob wear a harness.

WV11BCDH

Aug 8, 2017
    We do a lot of disabled veteran hunts being a double amputee myself there is a hunter safety system life line on all our stands. $40 is a fair price to avoid being a paralyzed amputee.

tony b

Ultimate Member
    Jan 20, 2012
    Joppa
    Safety is important. Harness has bailed me out before. Fell asleep in the stand before. I think the snoring keeps the bucks away

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom