• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    That was the most crowded gun show I've been to in a long time, and, honestly, it took a lot of the enjoyment out of it. It's great to see that Americans still like guns, despite what the media tells them, but did they all have to be there the same time I was:rolleyes: There were a handful of rifles that I would have picked up if it wasn't so packed. I hadn't intended on making any purchases, but wood and steel in the hand sometimes rewrites intentions...know what I mean? ;)

I feel like I came out with a pretty good ammo deal and Dad bought me lunch, so it wasn't a waste. I saw one of the elusive Ruger PCC's...couldn't get close enough to touch it...but I saw it!

Hopefully for the sake of you all going up tomorrow, everyone was already there today:D

And, don't forget, South Carrol is there (in the room to the right...the gun room as opposed to the jerky-soc-everything else room) to do MD transfers. I overheard a lot of people asking about selling to MDers who got the response, "you'd have to find a MD FFL to do it" Whenever I could, I pointed them to SCSG.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I went and bought two standard capacity Vz-58 mags in like new shape for 2/$25 front Sarco and a box of Girl Scout cookies. Nearly pulled the trigger on a $600 Savage Model 99 in .300 Savage but I noticed a very faint crack in the stock and passed.

Huge crowd but not much seemed to be moving in guns except for cheaper ARs and the few C&R deals that were to be had. I saw a guy who wanted $1,400 for a Ljungman and almost passed out. At the same time, one father/son had a table with reasonable prices on some milsurp stuff, but also had a display of nice older/unrefurbished mosins (that I wish were for sale).

You saw Mitch (the son) from gunboards. If you had a chance to look closely at his stuff and get him to talk about them it was really amazing the Mosins he had. The early turn of the century Mosin Carbine was really rare to see. Not that I am an expert but I had never heard of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XCheckR

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    HdG
    Was there today. Good crowd. Prices seemed high on most things. Lots of free pensyvanians buying guns.

Lots of 80% items

Oddway Otts

Mar 17, 2008
    Harford County
    How are the AR-15 mag prices?

There was a pretty good selection, spread out through the show. I saw new ASC 30 rounds for as low as $10. There were some plastic 30s for $8-12. Somebody on the big side has what looked like used 20 round plastic for $4.00. Used, original colt mfg. were $15-20. There were some 10 round in plastic and some metal (ASC) for $14-15.

Most were on the big side (right of the entrance)

A couple people had Federal American Eagle 5.56, 100 rd. box for $30.00.

Pensfaninmd

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 28, 2010
    Harford County
    Got a great deal on a Vortex Scope for my RPR. Found other small deals. C&R firearms were high. Talked to one vendor who was selling a run of the mill round receiver Mosin 91/30 nothing special. Said it has matching numbers etc. asked what he wanted for it. He said it was from his personal collection and would take $500. I thought, good luck..

Dirtpoor

Dec 22, 2017
    That show was nuts. Had to stand in line to get through the rows. My wife was with me and she went and sat in the lobby because she kept getting bumped. Couldn't see a thing. Guys walking around with little pull carts and the buttheads with backpacks on. The prices were not that great. I myself can only look at so many ar15s without getting bored. I don't want to see jewelry or beef jerky or fudge or pickles. This show was supposed to 1000 tables. When it boils down to it there was about a few tables of guns and a lot of Crap. I'm done now.

TargetGrade

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2017
    Pensultucky
    Dirtpoor;5119722[B said:
    ]I don't want to see jewelry or beef jerky or fudge or pickles[/B]. This show was supposed to 1000 tables. When it boils down to it there was about a few tables of guns and a lot of Crap. I'm done now.

The fix for that is STOP BUYING that garbage.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    I had a church commitment this morning so I couldn’t go early. Then I looked at the clock thinking it’s an hour up they so by the time I get there I will have max 2 hours. And now seeing that report, I think I will go veg on the couch.

SigDog

Feb 11, 2013
    West Virginia
    Was planning to go and just didn't feel like making the drive.
    BIG crowds kill it for me, so it worked out.
    Thanks for the reporting, now I don't feel so bad.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    went today, talked to Brian at SCSG. talked to some people i know.
    i did find the item i was looking for but at a high price so i passed.
    all in all no real bargains gun wise. i went also looking for milsurp rifles but what i saw was higher than i expected. lots of peddlers of ars' and ar stuff.
    i long for the days when wooden stocks were king and gun prices were reasonable.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Sounds like I didn't miss much. Was planning to go but family is suffering the flu (hope i am not next).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom