• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    The go around with Zirkin and Alford was funny. Takes Zirkin five years before the light bulb goes on?

camobob

Feb 18, 2013
    I listened for this earlier today but had to go take care of things. Just now getting back - are they withdrawing it?

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    relax people they went on the record saying that they will amend the magazine bill to target repeat offenders. NOT LAW ABIDING CITIZENS.

So it's less badder for a felon to carry a reduced cap mag. Real genius, these lawmakers.

GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    They said they'd reword it to capture their true intent, which they say isn't lawful gun owners like us.

What exactly was there intent then? It's already illegal to commit a crime with a >10 rnd magazine. While this sounds stupid, that is what the law says, you get an extra count of committing a crime with a standard capacity magazine after you committed the crime.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    It was cops this year, and I have a helluv a lot more respect for them than I do those Bloomberg/Soros paid shill knuckleheads..

I have the same respect for them as the Bloomberg shills if they are trying to restrict my rights. Of course the top police in Baltimore are political pawns and will do what they're told. I'd have respect for them if they told the mayor they're not testifying for an unconstitutional bill, of course we all know they'd be out of a job at that point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    they'll never pass this, even the senators were railing over it. plus they went on the record saying they would change it, i think they just made a mistake in the wording on the bill.

Yeah, I don't trust Zirkin as far as I can throw him so until the session is over and it's not passed, I won't relax.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    What exactly was there intent then? It's already illegal to commit a crime with a >10 rnd magazine. While this sounds stupid, that is what the law says, you get an extra count of committing a crime with a standard capacity magazine after you committed the crime.

THIS. It's already law with the only difference being (if it's reworded specifically to felons) that this has mandatory minimum sentences.

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017

Let's be honest about it. Their intent is, iMHO, is to say "See we tried to do something about crime but the folks on the right wouldn't let us do it", if they don't win. If they win, like O'Mallary will say see I did something. It is all about the election. Anyone with 2 brains cell knows that they kill themselves because the can't write a bill worth.... Fill in the blank, they were their own worst enemy and we had plenty of dare I say it "Common Sense" Facts!

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015

I could be wrong, but I don’t know that it is actually a crime to be in posession of ONLY a magazine as a prohibited person. Ammunition or a gun yes. I don’t think there is language that says a magazines or firearm parts is a crime to have as a prohibited person.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I gotta tell ya, y'all are better than me. I listened to a bit of it and I had to go. I was shouting at my computer screen. I have read the thread and it would seem that these people don't understand the law. This Bill is useless if it's to address the felon. It is now illegal for ANY felon to be in possession of a gun, ammo or any mag. So, why is this Bill relevant?

Please make the stupidity stop.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom