• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    The upstairs party room at mission barbecue on Dock street is reserved for "Tim" starting at 5:30 Next Monday night! Head through the line, then take your food upstairs.

I'm submitting leave for next Tuesday and Wednesday in case my departure from Annapolis next Monday night is delayed.

Y'all are starting to make me wish I wasn't 700 miles south right now. Wish I could be there.

Hope you guys put on a good show. :thumbsup:

I'll do what I can with emails from here. Still a MD resident in district 8 technically; just on temporary "release" to Georgia.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    And a quote in the article from Mike Miller:

"Miller denied any knowledge of or involvement in the arrests, telling reporters, “I don’t know a thing about it, honestly and truly.”

“I walk by their signs, I talk to them. They like me,” Miller said. “They know I’m a gun owner. We relate well together.” "

###

As soon as Miller said "honestly and truly," you can be pretty sure he was lying.

Or does he only lie when he doesn't specifically state that he's being honest and truthful? Does he really have to tell us when he's being truthful, to try to convince us?

DraKhen99

Professional Heckler
    Sep 30, 2013
    I had a coworker walk by this morning, and he asked me, "Hey, I heard something about arrests at Annapolis last night, 2A guys, friends of yours?"

I told him about it, but he said his "chicken factor" is too high to join.

As he is my mentor in all things work-related, his first line of advice was to act as support and keep a roving camera on the PP group during Monday night's event.

-John

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    I did a one star write up .

No offense, but leaving a negative Yelp or Facebook review is one of the least effective things you can do, outside of encouraging others to do the same.

Voting, influencing others votes, contactIng your state legislators, your Governor, and showing up at the state house are all things that matter.

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    th

Dammit IT IS time to get out on Monday.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    No offense, but leaving a negative Yelp or Facebook review is one of the least effective things you can do, outside of encouraging others to do the same.

Voting, influencing others votes, contactIng your state legislators, your Governor, and showing up at the state house are all things that matter.

I do the voting thing as well , i am socially active . I am not a one trick pony .

I have been on the phone and been sending e-mails since approx. 4 am to reach many members .
    I have talked to a spokesperson from the Gov's office and a few others .

I am shaking my money maker :party29::D

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    I suggested a permit since it looks like we'll have a good number of Patriots on hand. If we can legally be on lawyers mall there's nothing they can do. Just didn't want to give the infringers any excuses to attack us again.

I do understand the reasoning behind not having to ask permission to be on the sidewalk & agree wholeheartedly.

knovotny

Feb 5, 2013
    Aberdeen, MD
    I had a coworker walk by this morning, and he asked me, "Hey, I heard something about arrests at Annapolis last night, 2A guys, friends of yours?"

I told him about it, but he said his "chicken factor" is too high to join.

As he is my mentor in all things work-related, we are discussing whether or not I am able to join. His first line of advice was to act as support and keep a roving camera on the PP group during Monday night's event.

-John

Unfortunately I am in the same boat. I cannot risk police confrontation and arrest. I will be writing emails when I am able to be on a desktop.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I want to be arrested , i already said it . I need a vacation and i will not cower to any mortal man , if i am not doing anything un-lawful then leave me be .

Decoy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2007
    Dystopia
    Bryan P. Sears Facebook

Here's the statement from Department of General Services Spox Nick Cavey:

The Maryland Capitol Police are responsible for providing a safe working environment for state employees and visitors that frequent state properties, and to secure buildings that are located on state property. The Maryland Capitol Police responded to a demonstration occurring without a permit, within the public right away of the sidewalk, at the intersection of Bladen Street and College Avenue. Out of a concern for public safety, and in an abundance of caution due to two pedestrians being being stuck by vehicles in the last year, and nearly a half dozen reported pedestrians complaints concerning vehicles failing to yield to pedestrians in the crosswalk, the demonstrating group was asked to relocate to Lawyers Mall. After three (3) request to move their location to allow for pedestrians to freely use the sidewalk, crosswalks and to reduce conditions for distracted vehicle operators approaching the intersection, two individuals declined and were subsequently arrested for Criminal Law Article 10-201 Disorderly Conduct, Disturbance or the Public Peace, Nuisances.

###

DGS has not responded to repeated requests to name the men arrested though I have learned from representative of Patriot Picket that the men are Jeff and Kevin Hulbert. They were released without bail last night.

More to follow.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I am done making phone calls and writing emails. The phone calls make me have a "will see" attitude. I have only gotten a few emails back and they too are interested in an investigation, but nothing saying they will be the one to conduct an investigation.

Hopefully other folks will have a better shot at getting real answers.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    I suggested a permit since it looks like we'll have a good number of Patriots on hand. If we can legally be on lawyers mall there's nothing they can do. Just didn't want to give the infringers any excuses to attack us again.

I do understand the reasoning behind not having to ask permission to be on the sidewalk & agree wholeheartedly.

Problem is, even with a permit, this type of selective law enforcement can still insist we have to leave or risk arrest. Their ball, their court. Overflow on to the other corners and the street is probably better.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

No. We are well within our rights to picket on the sidewalk. We don't need to ask the State for permission.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    Bryan P. Sears Facebook
    Quote:
    Here's the statement from Department of General Services Spox Nick Cavey:

The Maryland Capitol Police are responsible for providing a safe working environment for state employees and visitors that frequent state properties, and to secure buildings that are located on state property. The Maryland Capitol Police responded to a demonstration occurring without a permit, within the public right away of the sidewalk, at the intersection of Bladen Street and College Avenue. Out of a concern for public safety, and in an abundance of caution due to two pedestrians being being stuck by vehicles in the last year, and nearly a half dozen reported pedestrians complaints concerning vehicles failing to yield to pedestrians in the crosswalk, the demonstrating group was asked to relocate to Lawyers Mall. After three (3) request to move their location to allow for pedestrians to freely use the sidewalk, crosswalks and to reduce conditions for distracted vehicle operators approaching the intersection, two individuals declined and were subsequently arrested for Criminal Law Article 10-201 Disorderly Conduct, Disturbance or the Public Peace, Nuisances.

###

DGS has not responded to repeated requests to name the men arrested though I have learned from representative of Patriot Picket that the men are Jeff and Kevin Hulbert. They were released without bail last night.

More to follow.

So instead of ticketing drivers for violating traffic laws, they do this. FAIL

Out of a concern for public safety, and in an abundance of caution due to two pedestrians being being stuck by vehicles in the last year, and nearly a half dozen reported pedestrians complaints concerning vehicles failing to yield to pedestrians in the crosswalk BIG FAIL.....

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    So instead of ticketing drivers for violating traffic laws, they do this. FAIL

Out of a concern for public safety, and in an abundance of caution due to two pedestrians being being stuck by vehicles in the last year, and nearly a half dozen reported pedestrians complaints concerning vehicles failing to yield to pedestrians in the crosswalk BIG FAIL.....

Yep, you're absolutely right! All that paragraph of PC crap is, is excuses. And lies of course.

Dave Taylor

May 29, 2012
    Originally Posted by Dave Taylor
    I sent a note about all this to Deb Rey, 29C Delegate, Sanner's Lake member and 1A and 2A supporter.

She has already been notified, and has a direct line to Rack.

Thanks for that info....I guess I notified her again then.

I might send her another note. Don't hurt nothing. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom