• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Nice but not for Maryland... The evil Bushmaster name is on the side... :mad54:

MKR03

Apr 1, 2014
    State of Montgomery
    Nice but not for Maryland... The evil Bushmaster name is on the side... :mad54:

I may be wrong on my understanding of the law, but I thought Bushmaster semi-auto rifle is one of the enumerated "assault long guns" and SBR's can't be ALG's, right? So couldn't we purchase this in MD as long as it passes the OAL/copycat tests and is on the roster?

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    I may be wrong on my understanding of the law, but I thought Bushmaster semi-auto rifle is one of the enumerated "assault long guns" and SBR's can't be ALG's, right? So couldn't we purchase this in MD as long as it passes the OAL/copycat tests and is on the roster?

Yes, these are MD legal and SBRs don't need to be on the roster. The law changed in October.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009

That is correct. We can buy these with no problems. With respect to everything except the copycat tests, when they consider them a rifle, MSP considers SBRs to be handguns.

No, that doesn't make any sense.

Dontpanic is right though. These are perfectly legal for sale here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom