• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Baccusboy

Teecha, teecha
    Oct 10, 2010
    Seoul
    I have often thought it might be a better idea to put the guns in a gun sock, with a steel ring at the top, then put a steel wire through it. Hang that down between the sheet rock in a wall, under the joist. Cover with insulation.

Not good for fire protection, but a thief would never find it (assuming you didn't tell anyone you did it).

I also found this:

Didn't know they actually made gun storage that looks like A/C ducts:

ductwork2.jpg

A/C vents (or ducts or intakes) can be used as longer term storage solutions. Usually A/C vents are mounted high and require a stool or ladder to get access to and there are many throughout the house. For additional security, put your handgun in a case and securely tie a piece of fishing line then push the package around the corner of duct so it is not visible upon removing the front panel. Keep the line out of sight by lying it along the corner of the sheet metal duct and using clear tape to secure.

NickG

Feb 2, 2016
    Baccusboy both those storage techniques have the distinctive drawback, that if something happens to you, your family will never find the guns.

3paul10

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 6, 2012
    Western Maryland
    Ive found the older I get the harder it is to see the numbers on my dial safes...consider a electronic push button safe. The only issue I worry about is the electronics taking a crap, then no getting in safey for me.

stimpy17

Mar 10, 2015
    Western Maryland
    In plain sight.

Firm believer in having a diversion safe or one of those glass display cabinets our Dads had in the living room. Fill it with de-milled drilled rifles and cool looking BB guns. I like layers of security so consider this as the first layer as far as firearms go. If thieves were smart or persistent or observant, they'd have jobs.

My $.02 worth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom