• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Level of interest

• My department already has something like this, or I'll go through my department.

Votes: 0 0.0%
    • Interested, and maybe if it were closer to $100.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Greetings!

Stumbled upon an interesting product. I see that there are a few different companies making products similar to this one.

What appears to make this ballistic clipboard a little better is the size, shape and handle. It's level 3A, so it's equal to the level of protection of most police vests; which is pretty much good for all handguns.

prod-clipboard.jpg

The clipboard is very reasonably priced at $150, however for orders of 6 or more they do offer discounts. For most of us, this is just a novelty, but for some of our MDShooters members, this might be a viable work item. I left a message with the company to see what kind of price they might give if we do a group buy for say, 10 or so.

Please give me some indication of your level of interest so when I discuss with the company I can give them a more accurate estimate of number of clipboards we might be interested in and get a more accurate price.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    They're a cool idea, but with one that small, I think it would be kind of hard to use. I mean, you could hold it in front of yourself as you charged someone, I guess.

I've seen a lot of product like this (I work in higher Ed) come out since the VA Tech incident. Some of it is more useful / makes more sense than others. Some schools have bought these for teachers, but what I would rather see would be a combination of a door locking device like the Barracuda and a roll down ballistic shield to cover the door, or a bulletproof whiteboard large enough to attach to the back of a door.

There have been studies that show that when there's an active shooter type situation, if there's a locked door the shooter will pass that room by and go look for easier targets. Things like the Barracuda that I linked above are a really cheap way to protect students that I wish more schools would pay attention to.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Great item, but I don't really see myself ever using / needing

Agreed. For most of us just a novelty. It almost inexpensive enough, I kinda want one to discuss during some training, and show my buddies at our gun-club and other meetings. Show and tell is getting a little boring. :)

They're a cool idea, but with one that small, I think it would be kind of hard to use. I mean, you could hold it in front of yourself as you charged someone, I guess.

I've seen a lot of product like this (I work in higher Ed) come out since the VA Tech incident. Some of it is more useful / makes more sense than others. Some schools have bought these for teachers, but what I would rather see would be a combination of a door locking device like the Barracuda and a roll down ballistic shield to cover the door, or a bulletproof whiteboard large enough to attach to the back of a door.

There have been studies that show that when there's an active shooter type situation, if there's a locked door the shooter will pass that room by and go look for easier targets. Things like the Barracuda that I linked above are a really cheap way to protect students that I wish more schools would pay attention to.

Sounds good, and thanks for that link, I've never seen that before. Didn't see prices, but it could be easily improvised. I'm all for (approved) teachers and faculty members to be armed, with pepper, tasers or even guns (with training, background checks and licensing). A ccw permit pretty much covers all this already.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    Sounds good, and thanks for that link, I've never seen that before. Didn't see prices, but it could be easily improvised. I'm all for (approved) teachers and faculty members to be armed, with pepper, tasers or even guns (with training, background checks and licensing). A ccw permit pretty much covers all this already.

Those door devices are about $100 each. You could protect most schools for a few thousand dollars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom