• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 05dodgedaytona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2009
    Cecil County
    I know I have seen it before but can't find it anywhere. Can someone post a link to the law that says you can carry on your own property? Thanks in advance.

wesser1

Dec 19, 2012
    Havre de Grace
    Doesn't touch on the sidewalk area for those of us in neighborhoods where a public access sidewalk is part of our lawn by the street. I've wanted to wear my holstered pistol while mowing the lawn, but I've been told (by a non-lawyer) that the sidewalk may be a problem. Any word on that?

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    Doesn't touch on the sidewalk area for those of us in neighborhoods where a public access sidewalk is part of our lawn by the street. I've wanted to wear my holstered pistol while mowing the lawn, but I've been told (by a non-lawyer) that the sidewalk may be a problem. Any word on that?
    You probably don't own all the way to the street. Who takes care of the sidewalk if it needs maintenance other than snow removal?

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    I OC at home, indoors or out.

No worries... it's MY home.

Same here. Mowing the lawn, washing the cars, working on the landscaping. I researched where my property lines are very carefully to avoid accidentally walking onto public property.

ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014
    What it says is the property you own or lease. Check your plot plan. In most areas the residential road is 24 feet wide in a 40 foot right of way. In some areas you own to the curb, in some areas you actually own to the centerline of the road. The law talks about vehicle transport on a road generally used by the public, but it is silent on open or concealed carry on your person on property owned by you but generally used by the public (a sidewalk on your property)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom