• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jtb81100

Ultimate Member
    May 28, 2012
    Western HoCo
    https://gillette.com/en-us/products...or&gclid=CKOZ0qKDn-QCFRHrswodGkgKxQ&gclsrc=ds

I wanted to ask does anyone have this shaver/razor and if you do how do you like it ??

Seems like a gimick that is a waste of money. The heat is supposed to open things up for an easier, smoother shave. Any heat from the razor won't be in contact with the skin long enough to do that. A better option would be a shaving cream/gel warmer.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Seems like a gimick that is a waste of money. The heat is supposed to open things up for an easier, smoother shave. Any heat from the razor won't be in contact with the skin long enough to do that. A better option would be a shaving cream/gel warmer.

I was also thinking that as well , some of the warmers are expensive too . Just thinking Christmas for my son .

Badger1

MDS Supporter
    Jun 21, 2017
    For anyone looking to start shaving with a double edge (DE) safety razor, I would recommend the Feather Popular, with Feather blades. Can be found on eBay/Amazon for <$15. It is partially plastic, but I've been very impressed with the shave it gives me.

Maggard Razors is a good place for supplies, and they sell some Razors as well, which aren't bad. Their V3A head on one of their handles was my daily driver before I got the Feather. They sell a variety of brushes, soaps/creams and blades if you wanted to experiment without buying in bulk.

If you don't want a new production razor, you can pick up a Gillette Tech pretty cheap (<$20) off of eBay if you keep your eyes open.

LimaVictor

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2012
    Southern MD
    I was also thinking that as well , some of the warmers are expensive too . Just thinking Christmas for my son .

Welder, I use a cheap $10 cup/mug warmer I got from Target. I whip up a batch of shaving soap/cream. Then place it on the warmer to keep it warm.I'm an old school DE/straight razor shaver who uses old school shave pucks and cream with a shaving brush and mug. Very nice and relaxing shave.
    GUEST_4569bd17-500e-4cf8-a3cf-189d7165e37d

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom