Oct. 15 - Green card mailed by BATFE

Oct. 17 - Green card arrived

No letter from BATFE so far.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    For folks waiting on a green card, check the tracking at usps.com.

Perhaps there is an electronic receipt with signature.

Dunno, just thinking that half of my paper check are being processed as electronic payments now.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    My green receipt tracking info still says it is in Pre-Shipment since Sept 17th. I think it is a case of the USPS owing me $2.75 for service not rendered. But, I do have my returned application from BATFE.

FGT1958

Wife and Daughters received response a week or so ago dated SEP 27 2018 and 18-5629 and 18-5635 respectively. Received my response last Friday dated OCT 21 2018 with no number. Of course, they were all mailed RRR. Have yet to receive the green postcards.

IronEye

MDS Supporter
    Feb 10, 2018
    Howard County
    Return Receipt has been in transit since September 19, 2018.

Got my letter stamped ""Return Without Action" from ATF so I'm not worried about the post card receipt.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    It begs to ask why spend the money if this is how the USPS deals with the returned receipt? Is this a USPS issue or did ATF drop the ball? I always thought the USPS employee got the card signed when the letter was delivered and that the receiving customer, never took possession of the receipt.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Hey, Amazon delivery just brought me my green card! Sarcasm! Joking sorry
    However, I got a delivery from amazon yesterday from a young lady in her personal car! wth.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    I just got the letter back, with a letter from ATF saying they could not issue an "authorization".

Frankly, I pity the poor sods at ATF who got stuck with this. The MDGA screwed up...we and ATF pay the price.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    My ATF letter arrived and the ink was "well used" - they had obviously stamped quite a few before me. Be patient, it will come. They must have a very large pile. I also think that they are numbering and logging each letter for future reference. Their administrative diligence is your friend here.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    I'm wondering if these "return without action" letters are going to end up being the only acceptable proof of "grandfathering" for this stupid law. Obviously, they are being individually categorized. I'm not sure if they will share this info with the MSP or MGA.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I'm wondering if these "return without action" letters are going to end up being the only acceptable proof of "grandfathering" for this stupid law. Obviously, they are being individually categorized. I'm not sure if they will share this info with the MSP or MGA.

Not to state the obvious, but this letter only gives you another year to own something that covered by the law. After Oct 1st 2019, they become illegal for anyone to own in Maryland.

That is of course if the law isn't overturned by the law suit.

:fingerscrossed:

W2D

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2015
    Escaped MD for FL
    Not to state the obvious, but this letter only gives you another year to own something that covered by the law. After Oct 1st 2019, they become illegal for anyone to own in Maryland.

That is of course if the law isn't overturned by the law suit.

:fingerscrossed:

And now they know exactly who to go after - yes I may be over stating this.

Sent from my bunker using Tapatalk Pro

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    And now they know exactly who to go after - yes I may be over stating this.

Sent from my bunker using Tapatalk Pro

They can come and check out my home. I sold my bump stock shortly after the LV shooting. I sold it for big money. However I do own gun oil and lubricant.

Also shoe strings.

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017

E-mail counts too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom