• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I love the new mobile interface.

as someone who is relatively new to using a phone a lot for online stuff, I'm finding the new interface to be a whole lot easier than having to slide, scroll, pinch and resize everything like before.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    as someone who is relatively new to using a phone a lot for online stuff, I'm finding the new interface to be a whole lot easier than having to slide, scroll, pinch and resize everything like before.

Agreed. You guys are doing a stellar job, keep up the good work. :thumbsup:

jeffie7

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2015
    Loudoun County
    and it's been a grand total of 48 hours that we've been working in this. If your experience in that limited time is enough to convince you to move on, then your connection to this community isn't that strong to begin with.

I apologize if that came off with my panties being in a bunch. The other forum worked on issues for weeks before everyone jumped. But to this day it is dead vs what it once was.

This forum is a great forum and one of the few that still has a desktop like interface for mobile users that didn't keep dumping you into mobile view every time you visit forcing you to find the desktop interface icon. I just hope when all is said and done there's at least an option to not view it as mobile when on a phone.

You guys seem to actively be working on things so I'm hopefully you'll get it where it needs to be.

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa
    What's with the emojis/smilies being HUGE? This is from my laptop, not phone.

That's odd. On my fone (android) the smilies are missing. I tried putting some in a post a little bit ago n couldn't find them.
    Lol I was looking for the shrug shoulders to add to my mssg. Oh well. Consider this a "face palm"

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Not sure why anyone would use their phone browser to access the website. Even the worst, latest tapatalk is better than doing that.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Not sure why anyone would use their phone browser to access the website. Even the worst, latest tapatalk is better than doing that.

Because I'm the lowest tech tech guy you'll ever know ;)

I don't really believe in extra layers, and no one has ever given me a reason why Tapatalk, Forumrunner, or whatever else would be better than the familiar interface on my Windows phones, PCs, and tablet.

Hoping all this gets worked out so we're back to a 'common' feel among all the platforms.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore

I can't stand CrapTalk.

Mods, thanks for keeping the site up to date for every reason...security, the constant changing of software and all the techno stuff I have no clue about.

But I would like to bitch about my neighbors dog, if I may...

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    You know, I'm not seeing any of the problems everyone else is reporting. But would everyone check something for me? When I go to send a PM, the page comes up fine, except the field where you are to type the title, I'm only getting about a 3 character field for the title. Could someone check to see if this is occurring for anyone else?

Please report any problems and your platform and browser. I'm using Windows 7 and IE 11.

Thanks!

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    You know, I'm not seeing any of the problems everyone else is reporting. But would everyone check something for me? When I go to send a PM, the page comes up fine, except the field where you are to type the title, I'm only getting about a 3 character field for the title. Could someone check to see if this is occurring for anyone else?

Please report any problems and your platform and browser. I'm using Windows 7 and IE 11.

Thanks!

Mine is fine with safari on iPad.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      70.2 KB · Views: 193

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    One other thing I am seeing. The Quick Reply box goes from side to side, the entire width of the page. It had been a much smaller box. Don't know if this is a scheduled change or something that needs attention.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom