• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    For anyone who would ever in some delusional state ever considering shopping at Select Fire, I would offer up the following correspondence from forum member hk21guy who is in some capacity affiliated with that business:

hello I am emailing you to inform you that the select fire threads need to stop. This is BS this store is under new owner ship and Wayne is there in till the new owner know all the ins and outs of the system. I personal will take legal action if this continue. This is my place my rules my pricing I though we where all supposed to be there for each dealer and help out that's what I keep hearing and in a time like this with new laws any way and as far as I can tell its all BS. You let me know which way you wont me to go. I am not yelling or being nasty. My rule is wait in till paperwork comes back they got problems with that they can open there own store and get there own ffl insureance and overhead.

thanks

mward

Ultimate Member
    Dec 4, 2009
    Annapolis
    The way he wrote that about describes the experience you'll get if you go there.

Better places to go...On target, Sure Shot, etc.

Bang

Ultimate Member
    Feb 3, 2008
    Baltimore Co.
    For anyone who would ever in some delusional state ever considering shopping at Select Fire, I would offer up the following correspondence from forum member hk21guy who is in some capacity affiliated with that business:

What a douche! Yeah will never step foot in there.

Hk21guy, drunk messaging is bad m'kay!

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    HAHAHAHAHA please tell me you edited that??

Also I will question your man-hood if you did not respond with a deez nuts joke......

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    In the interest of disclosure, my response:

You can "inform" all you want.

If you've had any contact with an attorney then they've surely informed you that the definition of defamation requires that the >individual< who has purportedly defamed the aggrieved party has to have done so with the explicit knowledge that what they said has been done so with the understanding that what they have have said is false and done so with the intent to cause harm.

In short, your shop has earned every criticism that is heaped upon it. Go ahead with the idle threats and see where that gets you in the shooting community.

If you want to pursue the >individuals< who have allegedly "defamed" you have at it, but your idle threats against this community are exactly that and you know it.

You've just further reinforced every criticism of Select Fire that has ever been heaped upon it. I sincerely hope that you go out of business so that someone of intellect and integrity can take it over and become a meaningful and effective part of the Maryland shooting community.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Old owners son I believe. However if they sold and the new owner is hurting cause of word of mouth. Well there is only a few to blame ..Wyane and others who gave bad service in the past.

Far as a wait period.. Everyone is getting bashed for that. Not just them.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    You guys are going to do it for us. Like the Amish, shunning is in order.

Many of us have made the mistake of shopping at the shunned. Damn nice location and a range to boot, Freestate should make an offer to open their second location.

Reloader

Ultimate Member
    Oct 23, 2007
    Arnold, MD
    I'm trying to predict how many pages this one is going to go...gotta be longer than the standard Select Fire bash!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom