• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toppkatt

Ultimate Member
    Apr 22, 2017
    ...Took a look at Gunbroker yesterday. Regardless of what was searched for, 90 percent of the firearms were way overpriced with zero bids.

(This here is ridiculous)Ruger New Army $1,000.00. .

I've bought a few things from GB but you're right unless you find a fabulous deal, by the time you tack on shipping and FFL transfer fee it's really not that good of a buy. I'm mostly interested in buying shooters and I go to a few small shows that I've been to before and usually end up taking something home. The advantage is I've seen it first hand and I'm not looking for safe queens.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    Ammo, yes. Guns...no. Most MILSURP has already been imported or destroyed. The only significant stocks I've heard of are in Russia.

Well, Russia, China, and Vietnam. All countries we have banned importation from. Even then, China has usually been able to dump stuff to Albania where it is then dumped in the US. Hence the recent shipments of Chicom Military SKS rifles that have found their way here.

Honestly, the only reason it didn't look this dire over the past year or two is that SAMCO had massive stockpiles of C&R stuff that they didn't have the wherewithal to go through and properly catalog and sell while the prices were rising. When they went through bankruptcy and the fire-sale happened, Century snapped up most of the gear and then re-sold it to companies like Classic and AIM who then re-sold it to consumers. Almost everyone I've talked to who bought a Spanish Mauser from any of the C&R companies all said they had SAMCO stamps under the barrel.

Add in the fact that once the 60s hit, everyone was essentially on the AK/FAL/M16 platform plan with the exception of a few outliers and the milsurp catalog shrinks to almost nothing in terms of new entries to the market.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    I'd heard rumors several years ago of a significant number of C&R being moved out of Russia to a holding country in Europe. Apparently, if they were in that country long enough, the guns would be legally considered to have come from there.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Ammo, yes. Guns...no. Most MILSURP has already been imported or destroyed. The only significant stocks I've heard of are in Russia.

The fastest way to find out is to rewrite the import laws so those harmless and historical firearms can once again enter the US.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom