• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Tomorrow is opening day of trout season at Fair Hill NMRA, they stocked the stream with 3,200 Rainbow and Palomino trout earlier this week. It will be a mad house starting in the AM with fishermen standing shoulder to shoulder along both banks. The fish average 1/2 pound apiece but some are larger five fish limit. I don't like fish that much!

Just thought I would mention it in case anyone is interested.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I'll be out there fishing.....not at that location but I'll be tossing a line in with a few buddies

BigCountry14

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Ill be out at somepoint this weekend. Although, i live across from Deer Creek right neer Rocks state park, so Saturday is usually spent keeping people from blocking our driveway. It can be fun though to watch some fool fishing with a 14ft walmart surf combo on a river 20ft wide.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Tomorrow is opening day of trout season at Fair Hill NMRA, they stocked the stream with 3,200 Rainbow and Palomino trout earlier this week. It will be a mad house starting in the AM with fishermen standing shoulder to shoulder along both banks. The fish average 1/2 pound apiece but some are larger five fish limit. I don't like fish that much!

Just thought I would mention it in case anyone is interested.

Powerbait?

cpc1027

Jun 25, 2010
    Sparks
    What do you use for tackle/bait ?

I use a lite spinning rod and good, old fashioned nightcrawlers below a couple of split shot for opening day, the rest of the year I fly fish.

DNR didn't stock our spot this year, so all we caught were little native brown trout that we released, but my family has been fishing the same spot on opening day for as long as I can remember. I was out this morning with a couple of cousins and one of my Uncles, and we had a good time. It's more of a social activity for us and it's the only time I'm willing to put up with all of those people on the trout streams.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Good opening day story. One fisherman contacted the DNR and complained that one of the other fishermen was way over his limit because he had seen him catch at least a dozen. The DNR investigated and asked the suspect how many he had caught to which he replied about 15. The DNR then asked where they were and the suspect said he had released all of them and explained he enjoyed the relaxation of fishing but he did not keep any. When the DNR went back to explain to the original complainant they also asked him how many he had caught? The answer was "None." Sounds like one of them needs to relax more!

Texas

Villiage Idiot
    Nov 16, 2016
    Accokeek
    I've never been trout fishing. We focus on bass in my neck of the woods. I might try it out, I have no idea how to fly fish though.

BigCountry14

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Got one on sunday. Lost one. Buddy landed 2 and lost one.
    fb09340eb4bbe90872c88fbf3507b542.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Five hours, one GD Trout on a Phoebe Silver Neon Blue, respectable size. My friend nearly landed a Golden.

Attachments

• trout.jpg
      trout.jpg
      124.5 KB · Views: 160

54rndball

take to the hills
    Mar 16, 2013
    Catonsville
    I gotta do some trout fishing this year. A few years ago I got a couple big ones out of the Patapsco, must have been well over 12 inches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom