• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    30 years ago today 3-9-77

The Hanafi Muslims attacked 3 buildings in DC 40 years ago-bad math.

The District Building
    The Islamic Center on Massachusetts Ave.
    The B'Nai Brith Building in DC.

nothing has changed.

Last edited:

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Max Robinson had a nice Afro.
    I don't remember Marion Barry getting shot. Funny how the news was on TV twice each night and in the paper the next day. Seems Neanderthal now.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    yep, DCFD had to bring him down T-3's aerial ladder in a stokes basket.

And Max dies from AIDS in 1988. Not casting aspersions, just old facts.

KevinK

Ultimate Member
    Jun 24, 2008
    Carroll County, Md
    Max Robinson, Wilhelmina J. Rolark, Arrington Dixon, Ivanhoe Donaldson, Walter Washington, Davey Marlin-Jones .......

The 'good ole days' of D. C. :)

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    O. Roy Chalk.

Attachments

• dctransit.jpg
      dctransit.jpg
      63.7 KB · Views: 483
    Don't be shocked.
    I worked for Monkey County then and listened to the whole thing go down on a scanner.
    I heard later that Barry was also shot in the @$$ also while he ran down a hallway trying to get away.

That wasn't the first time we have had a problem with violence like this.
    Several times in our Country's history for about 100 years there have been problems.
    Here is one such incident that happened close to home.
    In 1951 in Montgomery County, Maryland. A group of 6 Muslims on a train that was stopped at the Silver Spring Station started a riot and attacked and injured some of the Montgomery County Police Officers that responded.
    A TOTAL OF 35 Officers responded to subdue the Group.
    The Muslim's were on their way back to Chicago from a Meeting held in Washington. Go Figure!:sad20:

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Apparently the attack was a result of another group who invaded the Hanafi home on 16th street and killed some people, including a little kid. The Hanafis wanted the perps handed over to them, presumably so they could be whacked for what they'd done.

I'd take things personally if a bunch of religio-political types smashed into my home and killed my grandkids, too.

Apparently the attack was a result of another group who invaded the Hanafi home on 16th street and killed some people, including a little kid. The Hanafis wanted the perps handed over to them, presumably so they could be whacked for what they'd done.

I'd take things personally if a bunch of religio-political types smashed into my home and killed my grandkids, too.

I wonder who the group was that invaded the home ? I don't know but I,m guessing it was the Black Panthers or another Religious sect ?
    It would be interesting to know.
    I understand where you're coming from but they have to follow the laws just like we do, They killed an innocent person and wounded others. :mad54:

nomade

Apr 26, 2014
    Don't be shocked.
    I worked for Monkey County then and listened to the whole thing go down on a scanner.
    I heard later that Barry was also shot in the @$$ also while he ran down a hallway trying to get away.

Several times in our Country's history for about 100 years there have been problems.
    In 1951 in Montgomery County, Maryland. A group of 6 Muslims on a train that was stopped at the Silver Spring Station started a riot and attacked and injured some of the Montgomery County Police Officers that responded.
    The Muslim's were on their way back to Chicago from a Meeting held in Washington. Go Figure!:sad20:

Hmmmm.. the Chicago connection....

lowoncash

Baned
    Jan 4, 2010
    Calvert county
    I worked security at Dept of Commerce across the street from the District Building. I was not on duty when it started. Nobody could contact the armed rent a guard at the North entrance. When she heard what was happening she abandoned her post and went home without telling anyone.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I wonder who the group was that invaded the home ? I don't know but I,m guessing it was the Black Panthers or another Religious sect ?
    It would be interesting to know.
    I understand where you're coming from but they have to follow the laws just like we do, They killed an innocent person and wounded others. :mad54:

I'm not necessarily coming from anywhere in particular. The 1977 takeover was the direct result of a massacre perpetrated on the Hanafi household of Hamaas Khalis, in a house on 16th street donated to the Hanafi sect by basketball star Kareem Abdul Jabaar.

The massacre was instigated by Khalis posting a letter that denounced Elijah Mohammed, leader of the Nation of Islam - later re-named the Black Muslims - as a false prophet, gangster and charlatan, who was using religion as a scam to milk his believers.

In retaliation to the letter, the Black Muslims killed two adults, wounded two others, shot one kid -10 yrs old - and drowned four others, including a baby 9 days old.

So, sounds like the letter that started it all was correct.

Many lives destroyed for calling out a thug and his organisation as corrupt gangsters.

Anyway here's a link if you're interested:
    https://prezi.com/pirm6e_bxhwh/hanafi-masacre/ Click on "full transcript" on bottom of page.

Biff_N

Jan 7, 2010
    Don't be shocked.

Looks like Chicago has been inciting violence for as long as one can remember. I have a lot of respect for the mob hits over the years. They take out the one they don't like and there is no collateral damage. In today's society you have a drive by shooting with 30 plus rounds being fired, numerous unintended victims and the intended target gets away uninjured.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom