• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gbh

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2012
    Actually, i would think your scenarion would qualify as a GSR for a CCW permit....protecting your collection...after all, who wants all those evil rifles to fall on the hands of criminals?:innocent0

I need to carry a gun to protect the guns I'm transporting....

I like the way you think!!!!!!!

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I would bet that some want to carry the letter when transporting their "collection".

I keep seeing posts about how being a collector means you have greater leeway with where you can transport. So when someone is going to a friends house with weapons, they think that the letter would demonstrate to LEO that they are on their way to a "private show". I'd like to see how that works out for them............

Yes, that is "want", not "need" ... that's why I used quotes

I carry a copy of both my DC acknowledgment letter and my C & R.

2AHokie

Dec 27, 2012
    District - 9A
    Possibly relevant information for someone else, like me, that has not purchased any regulated firearms in Maryland:

Lauretta Thompson said:
    I have your application but it has not been processed due to the fact that you're not in the system because you do not currently have any regulated firearms registered with the MSP.
    You application will be processed, but not in such a timely manner as the ones that come in for people that actually have guns in the system.

Thank you

I can't understand or agree with processing things in this manner (it should be first come, first serve), but it is what it is.

Guess I need to go make a small purchase now so I can make a multi-item purchase later. My wife will be thrilled.

FlatsFlite

Aug 6, 2012
    King George, VA
    I have to share this and this seems the best place as it doesn't deserve a new thread.

I used to be an avid/competitve benchg rest shooter, but gave it up and started tournament fishing in 2000. I still shoot and I'm just now starting to reload again, although it's on a much smaller scale ... or so I thought.

My wife and I weren't married until 2008 and she had never been to range until recently. To make a long story short, I created a monster.

Last year she bought the XDm 5.25 in 45 ACP. Too much recoil for her, so we got the S&W 22a. She's been burning through ammo like crazy.

Last week we came home from the range and she ordered a second 5.25 in 9mm.

Asked me to build her an AR after the craze dies down.

And today, wait for it .....

she mailed in her Designated Collector paperwork.

I'm surrounded by gun hating liberals, so I had no one to share this info when she called a few minutes ago.

Watchmyshoes

Nov 8, 2012
    I have to share this and this seems the best place as it doesn't deserve a new thread.

I used to be an avid/competitve benchg rest shooter, but gave it up and started tournament fishing in 2000. I still shoot and I'm just now starting to reload again, although it's on a much smaller scale ... or so I thought.

My wife and I weren't married until 2008 and she had never been to range until recently. To make a long story short, I created a monster.

Last year she bought the XDm 5.25 in 45 ACP. Too much recoil for her, so we got the S&W 22a. She's been burning through ammo like crazy.

Last week we came home from the range and she ordered a second 5.25 in 9mm.

Asked me to build her an AR after the craze dies down.

And today, wait for it .....

she mailed in her Designated Collector paperwork.

I'm surrounded by gun hating liberals, so I had no one to share this info when she called a few minutes ago.

I'm sure a lot of us wish we had a wife like that... Congrats lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom