• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • md123

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011
    Sent mine 2/2. Hope I get it tomorrow! Will post here when I get it.

L0gic

Ultimate Member
    Mar 2, 2013
    Well, not to piss you off LOgic, but I'm glad someone else is waiting longer than me. Seems like even the dog had gotten one quicker than me.
    No worries other than what Jay1234 said

When I sent mine in, I sent it certified so that I would have a delivery receipt. Just plopping it in the mail could result in possible "lost" mail.

Isn't there someone we can contact to see if it was even received and being processed?

racer79

n00b
    Jan 24, 2013
    Northern MD
    I recently bought my first regulated and got the collector paperwork notarized. My wife wants a gun and hasn't bought one yet so I figured she could get her collector paperwork done same time. Both apps are in the mailbox waiting to go out this morning. Will it be an issue if she hasn't purchased a regulated weapon and getting her collector status? Is there a time limit with the notarized document?

L0gic

Ultimate Member
    Mar 2, 2013
    Will it be an issue if she hasn't purchased a regulated weapon and getting her collector status? Is there a time limit with the notarized document?

From what I've read, no her not already having a regulated firearm should in no way impact her ability to obtain a collector's permit. It basically says if you can already legally acquire one firearm per 30 days, you can get this permission to acquire one as often as your budget will allow.

Although with the wait times for MSP to do their background checks for regulated purchases, it might as well be every 30 days regardless.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    From what I've read, no her not already having a regulated firearm should in no way impact her ability to obtain a collector's permit. It basically says if you can already legally acquire one firearm per 30 days, you can get this permission to acquire one as often as your budget will allow.

Although with the wait times for MSP to do their background checks for regulated purchases, it might as well be every 30 days regardless.

Not really. You can send in 10 applications for regulated firearms on the same day and probably have them back in 40 days or so at the rate the MSP is going with its return of "not disapproved". Heck, you could send in 100 applications for regulated firearms on the same day.

L0gic

Ultimate Member
    Mar 2, 2013
    Not really. You can send in 10 applications for regulated firearms on the same day and probably have them back in 40 days or so at the rate the MSP is going with its return of "not disapproved". Heck, you could send in 100 applications for regulated firearms on the same day.

I know. I should have clarified. Even with a collectors license, you'd still be waiting 30+ days to take delivery. The only difference is the non-collector will only be getting one firearm at the end of his journey whereas the collector will be picking up as many as he applied for.

racer79

n00b
    Jan 24, 2013
    Northern MD

From what I read, there doesn't seem to be any restriction whether one owns firearms or not. I had someone tell me that the MSP were less likely now to approve unless you owned 3-4 regulated firearms. I guess its not a huge deal as the app doesn't cost anything but the stamp and time (i got wells fargo to notarize for free). I pulled my wife's from the mailbox, but think I will send it anyway. Whats the worst that can happen?

anderson76

Feb 16, 2013
    From what I read, there doesn't seem to be any restriction whether one owns firearms or not. I had someone tell me that the MSP were less likely now to approve unless you owned 3-4 regulated firearms. I guess its not a huge deal as the app doesn't cost anything but the stamp and time (i got wells fargo to notarize for free). I pulled my wife's from the mailbox, but think I will send it anyway. Whats the worst that can happen?

I have heard similar information. I just filled out paper work for my 1st regulated purchase and mailed in the collector application at the same time.

Has anyone been able to obtain collector status without first making a regulated purchase?

Saginaw

Jan 13, 2013
    Fort Meade, Odenton
    Applied for mine on 2 20 13 hope to get it before April:lol2::banghead: sent it Priority. Post office tracking says they received it on 2 24 13. Let you know how long it takes. Anybody got odds on whether they even issue it or not?

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    At one point they were refusing DC apps if you had not made a regulated purchase, but last fall they reversed themselves and started issuing them without.

buzzsaw

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2013
    Hagerstown
    I've never *purchased* a regulated gun, but did transfer a pistol to myself from my wife's late uncle's collection about 5 years ago. That's about the only record they would have on me..... aside from 5 sets of fingerprints for various jobs in schools/secure military bases I've worked on.

On topic as well, I sent my app in on 3/1, and am not expecting to hear back until April at the earliest. Good thing, too - my budget doesnt have room for toys this month!

Joe Blow

Joe Blow
    Feb 2, 2012
    Southern MD
    I sent mine off Jan 22 and still nothing. Had a regulated purchase 2 weeks later. I hope one doesn't affect the other. I'm almost looking to see my purchase to come back first, wishful thinking/lack of faith.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom