• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • highwayheat

highwayheat
    Jun 13, 2012
    Ceciltucky
    When is this garbage going to end. My wife is pissed now too. I especially love this part put forth by the state.

Curtailing the presence of handguns during routine
    police-citizen encounters, id. at 131 ("If the
    number of legal handguns on the streets increased
    significantly, [police] officers would have no
    choice but to take extra precautions before engaging
    citizens, effectively treating encounters
    between police and the community that now are
    routine, friendly, and trusting, as high-risk stops,
    which demand a much more rigid protocol and a
    strategic approach.");

I may appear friendly during encounters, but i am always thinking critically. There is no such thing as "routine" encounters in law enforcement. Any encounter has the potential to spiral out of control. If I was engaged in an encounter where SHTF and an armed law abiding citizen assisted then I would shake their hand and give them a sincere thank you. It is just baffling for the reasoning to go against the citizens right for protection. People that I have had contact with that were carrying under the BS G&S requirement were very polite, presented their CCW permit, told me that they were armed and even offered to allow me to inspect their firearm. I told them just keep it holstered or where it was and everything would be fine. In addition, I even thanked those individuals for be polite and cooperative. In my eyes, the more law abiding citizens there are with CCW the better. It's the anti-gun, bleeding heart liberals that present the biggest challenge to me when it comes to trying to reason. Hopefully this can get overturned in the SCOTUS and align MD with the majority of the nation.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Whatever. It was heading to the SCOTUS one way or the other. I'll sharpen my pitchfork when we lose that battle, not before.

You can probably put your pitchfork in the shed for about 3-4 more years. At the fvckn pace they move at, it'll be that long before anything is decided.

Hopalong

Man of Many Nicknames
    Jun 28, 2010
    Howard County
    Hey Mods, you think we can finally lock this monstrosity of a thread? It's actively being discussed elsewhere with much more current information....

jzxpw6

Aug 3, 2012
    SCOTUS, here we come!

SCOTUS, here we come!!! Not surprised by the outcome, but a bit surprised at how long it took.

zombiehunter

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2008
    I know we want to think the SCOTUS trip is a good thing, but I do not have any faith is that group of wacko's after that Obama care ruling. They might say our four fathers meant the arms attached to our bodies. :sad20:

The Obamacare ruling basically said "you didn't ask the right question, try again". I'm still waiting for them to try again though :(

You can probably put your pitchfork in the shed for about 3-4 more years. At the fvckn pace they move at, it'll be that long before anything is decided.

mmmm...it'll be nice and rusty by then too!

br3krj

Libertarian Conservative
    Oct 25, 2009
    Harford County
    It has been a while since anyone posted to this thread. I know we lost in the 4th, but what is the current status? Is Gura appealing to the entire 4th or going straight to the high court?

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    Gura already tried for and received a "no joy" on the en banc hearing @ CA4. Knowledgeable folks on here (meaning the legal eagles and court watchers - I am just one of the casual folks learning my way around) think that Gura will likely file for cert, but is waiting to see what ILAG does about Moore.

br3krj

Libertarian Conservative
    Oct 25, 2009
    Harford County
    Gura already tried for and received a "no joy" on the en banc hearing @ CA4. Knowledgeable folks on here (meaning the legal eagles and court watchers - I am just one of the casual folks learning my way around) think that Gura will likely file for cert, but is waiting to see what ILAG does about Moore.

Thanks for the quick response!

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA

Yep

Gura announced his intention to appeal the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit decision in the March 26, 2013 document “Reply of petitioners Alan Kachalsky, et al. filed.” accepted by the US Supreme Court (source: http://sblog.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/reply_to_state_bio.pdf pages 12-13).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom