• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    Response from Joseph Boteler:

Thank you for contacting the office of Delegate Joseph Boteler with your email regarding HB 332. I always appreciate it when constituents share their questions, concerns, and opinions with me. I found your email to be very informative and have documented everything that was stated in it. Throughout this 2009 Session, I will keep you updated as much as possible with this and all of the other important issues that come to the House Floor.

Please never hesitate to contact my office regarding any issue in the future and I wish you all the best in the New Year.

Sincerely,

Delegate Joseph Boteler III

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    Contact Delegate King also. While we're pretty sure he would vote for it, it is especially important that he knows his constituents want him to vote for it.
    Done. I also let him know how much I like eating crabs in his restaurant Kaufmann's Tavern.
    :thumbsup:

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    It would be great to have 100 letters make it to the committee's desks.

andyman

Former Senior Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    pg county
    nOOb question

Would it be OK for me to link to this thread in an e-mail to some like minded friends? I don't want to do something un-cool. It's just the tools you have so carefully compiled make being an "activist" soooo very easy. Thanks Andy

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    HB 332 Status as of January 30, 2009: Bill is in the House - First Reading Judiciary Hearing
    FEBRUARY 12
    1:00 p.m.
    Sponsored By Delegates Frank, Aumann, Bartlett, Bates, Beitzel, Boteler, Bromwell, Conaway, Dwyer, Eckardt, Elliott, Elmore, George, Haddaway, Impallaria, Jennings, Kach, Kelly, Kirk, Kramer, Krebs, McComas, McConkey, McDonough, Miller, Myers, Norman, O'Donnell, Riley, Robinson, Schuh, Schuler, Serafini, Shank, Shewell, Smigiel, Sossi, Stifler, Stocksdale, Stull, and Walkup
    Entitled Victims of Crime - Burglary and Crimes of Violence - Civil Immunity
    Committee
    Assignments House: Judiciary

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    Would it be OK for me to link to this thread in an e-mail to some like minded friends? I don't want to do something un-cool. It's just the tools you have so carefully compiled make being an "activist" soooo very easy. Thanks Andy

Link away...Get them to join up here!

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    Wow, just got a reply. My letter to delegate King titled HB 332:
    I understand Tony Mconkey is sponsoring this Civil Immunity Bill and hope you will support as well. I am a resident in district 33A. By the way, I love eating crabs at Kaufmann's.
    Delegate Kings reply:
    Mr. Xxxx,

I am not familiar with the bill, but will research it this week and am sure I will support it. Thanks for your patronage at Kaufmann's, during these tough economic times, it is greatly appreciated. Thanks for contacting my office and please continue to do so as issues of concern to you arise.

Sincerely,

James J. King
    State Delegate
    District 33A

Last edited:

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Good job folks. This bill can be a win for us this year.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    E-mail sent to Delegate James, Del Riley is already listed as a co-sponsor.

Terpfan

Aug 24, 2008
    Howard County
    Mine went out yesterday and one of my delegates (Schuh) even emailed me back and requested my adress and phone number, I sent it of course. Wonder if I'll get a call or he just wanted to make sure he was my delegate?

It was most likely to make sure you were his delegate. When you're writing your own legislator it is best to include at least your city if not your mailing address because they will take it more seriously. When you are writing other delegates (same county) it is probably wise to mention your county. Otherwise if you tell them you're from Gaithersburg and they represent Salisbury, they will likely ignore you simply because of the volume of constituent correspondence they receive.

I talked to a friend who said this bill will be on the Senate side with a bunch of co-sponsors too pretty soon. It passed the House before so the Senate will be the challenge.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I talked to a friend who said this bill will be on the Senate side with a bunch of co-sponsors too pretty soon. It passed the House before so the Senate will be the challenge.

Senator Jacobs is supposed to be submitting a companion bill, as of today it's not there yet.

The issue isn't the Senate as a whole, but rather the Judicial Proceedings Committee. It will take a concerted effort to get it past the Chairman.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom